Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

17 month old won't settle at night, previously settled fine

(8 Posts)
nicolasmith2512 Wed 02-Mar-16 21:07:11

i wonder if anyone is going through anything similar? My 17 month DD has settled by herself at night since about 3 months and was sleeping through for 12 hrs (7-7) from 6 months. But over the last month or so bedtime is a fight, talking up to 2 hrs of crying and in and out of the room to settle her. She then wakes early in the morning still tired but won't resettle again.
She's always been a good napper at home but goes to nursery 3 days a week and doesn't sleep particularly well there.
Any ideas would be much appreciated x

winchester1 Wed 02-Mar-16 21:10:15

I think there's an 18month sleep regression, also when they normally drop to one nap. Although mine stoped napping altogether. [crying]

nicolasmith2512 Wed 02-Mar-16 21:26:24

😔 Is it best to just ride it out or do you have any tips on how to help them through it? X

winchester1 Wed 02-Mar-16 21:36:56

We tried later bedtimes and shorter naps but after a couple of months just had to accept he was dropping his nap. He had dropped to one nap at 9 months though which was weird in itself. I think the norm is they drop to one nap around 18minths.

nicolasmith2512 Wed 02-Mar-16 22:07:41

Was just saying to DH about later bedtime so might try that tomorrow.
We did try dropping to one nap but it didn't seem to help/work so we went back to 2.
Thanks for your advice x

Mummyk1982 Thu 03-Mar-16 08:34:04

Damn 18 month regression. Was hideous for us and lasted 6-8 weeks. Just ride it out 💤😧😬

Twistedheartache Thu 03-Mar-16 08:50:06

Could it be teeth? My Dd2 is 16 months and no where near as good a sleeper as yours but in the last week or so is constantly waking, screaming, Writhing around & generally unsettled. 1 has come through and gum bulging on the next one.
She only has 1 nap - generally 1.5hrs but is definitely more settled when she has 2hrs +.

nicolasmith2512 Thu 03-Mar-16 09:49:45

Hope it's all settled down for you now @mummyk1982
Teeth are definitely playing their part @twistedheartache but this time it seems particularly bad at night which makes me think it's got to be more than that sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now