Talk

Advanced search

from co-sleeping to cot

(1 Post)
MamaDuckling Fri 19-Feb-16 20:48:59

Hi,

DD has been co-sleeping with me while DH has been away setting up life for us abroad...

She is 8 weeks now and sleeps well in the bed with me. Usually we get a 4/5 hour stint every night at least.

However, we are joining DH next week and I need to think about getting her into a cot. Co sleeping isn't an option going forwards .

So, your tips please on how best to do this. She will have a cot in our room in the new house and DH has bought me a nice feeding chair too.

I'm not against feeding to sleep, for now at least, if that will help aid the transition. I can squeeze a sleepyhead in our luggage if need be, but tbh she hasn't really slept well in it since she was a few days old. She likes to sleep on her side. Goes off a treat flat in the buggy too.

Other points- she has reflux which I'm not treating medically. She's gaining weight fine and doesn't seem distressed. I think she must also have a touch of colic, she's extremely fussy between 8-11pm.

What would you wise people do??

I'm prepared for more night waking!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now