Talk

Advanced search

Has the pavlik harness caused sleep problems?

(3 Posts)
wispywoo1 Wed 17-Feb-16 03:01:05

My DD (currently 13 weeks) was a great sleeper from around 6 weeks. Until recently she was sleeping 8-7ish with one dream feed at 11. Happy all round. Then she was fitted with the palvik harness.

At first she carried on sleeping fine, just woke a little earlier however it was readjusted a few days later and since then she has been waking every 3-4hrs for bottles again. She will take 3-4oz and then settle again whereas she takes 6oz in the daytime. I don't think she needs these extra milk as she doesn't seem hungry but just can't get herself back to sleep without it. Any advice?? I don't want to start a new habit and get her reliant on the extra milk again but don't want her to get into the habit of being rocked back to sleep. She will settle in her cot from sleepy but not from wide awake like she is when she wakes up crying for a bottle.

clurina32 Wed 17-Feb-16 20:44:17

Hello, my daughter had to wear a pavlik harness. She wore it quite early on, from about 5 weeks old up until 6 months. Those first few weeks were the hardest, please don't despair. I would say it took her 3 to 4 weeks to get used to it at nighttime and when it was adjusted we always had a dodgy couple of nights when she got used to the new position again. After a while it really does become second nature to them (and you!) though, I never thought it would but it did, and sleeping wasn't really an issue. You are approaching the 4 month mark though so it could be nothing to do with the harness at all and a bit of sleep regression going on. You will read a lot about that on this board!! My daughter had major regression at 4 months with lots of night feeds but it passed. Good luck with it all, the harness will be off before you know it smile

UnfortunateUsername Wed 17-Feb-16 20:54:28

My Dd had a pavlic harness fitted at seven weeks. She had a massive sleep regression that coincided with its removal!

I hope your wee one settles down quickly. It could well just take her a bit of time to adjust.

If it's any consolation, my Dd is now five and has been fully signed off as having two wonderfully healthy hips. She started sitting up within a month of having the harness off and was walking before she was one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now