Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Sleep and BLW

(10 Posts)
Bloomers1980 Tue 16-Feb-16 20:55:44

I have read posts on here about there being no link between sleep and BLW however my 7 month old has never been the best of sleepers but she used to sleep for a good 6 hrs wake for a bf then wake again every 2-3 hrs but only for comfort however since BLW she wakes after 2-3 hrs for a feed and then every 1-2 hrs for a feed. So is feeding more in the night. I am still bf but am worried she isn't feeding enough during the day and so is making up for it at night. I am considering going back to spoon feeding, any help would be appreciated.

Skiptonlass Wed 17-Feb-16 17:19:26

I may get roasted here but if you think she's hungry and you want to use purees to get a bit more into her then do. You know her best!
I don't get the antipathy towards purees. Most primates and many societies wean by chewing food to mush for their babies, then move on to finger food...

Nottalotta Wed 17-Feb-16 17:48:42

I started out blw but quickly realised that i need him to be actually eating by the time i return to work. So i have started spoon feeding weetabix or porridge for breakfast followed finger food. Then usually finger food for lunch. Sometimes a spoon fed lunch. The days i spoon feed he eats more, bf less and sleeps worse.

Bloomers1980 Wed 17-Feb-16 18:42:41

So basically it makes no difference lol. I will just have to accept she is not a sleepy but very hungry baby smile

Nottalotta Wed 17-Feb-16 19:35:46

I feel that the days he eats more food he bf less during the day then makes up for it at night. He is not a good sleeper either and still feeds every couple of hours on a good night but hourly or even more often on a bad night.

I offer bf before food and am only doing breakfast and lunch atm. Also offer water with meals but he doesn't drink much.

Bloomers1980 Wed 17-Feb-16 19:59:42

She has all three meals and bf during the day and all through the night lol. She is a happy baby during the day so I can't really complain. We try to keep to the same routine. Just lately she has stopped going to bed at 9pm and is going at 1030pm which is ridiculous but what can you do? We are just the unlucky ones I guess on the sleep front

waitingforsomething Wed 17-Feb-16 20:15:13

I just spoon feed my 7 month old 3 meals per day. I give him finger food at the same time so he can learn. He started pretty much sleeping through once this was established. I'll probably get flames but I would just help her out and make sure she gets to try finger food too

mrsb26 Wed 17-Feb-16 20:31:30

I'm going to jump in and suggest moving bedtime forward.

My DD is around the same age as yours and we start bedtime routine at 6.45-7pm. Is it possible that your DD is overtired, hence the frequent waking? 10.30 is awfully late for a 7mo to go to bed.

BendydickCuminsnatch Wed 17-Feb-16 20:35:18

We've did a mixture of purees and finger food from 6 months with DS (I didn't read up much about BLW, don't know if fingerfoods=BLW??). I found that weaning plus crawling meant he was full and tired so slept better. He goes to bed at 6 so maybe it's the late bedtime that's the problem?

Bloomers1980 Wed 17-Feb-16 21:25:34

I start bedtime at 6 getting her in pj's etc she falls asleep at 7 and then wakes up within 20 mins. I tried settling her back down again but she won't have it. She was going regularly at 830 but that has stopped now as well. Trust me I have tried getting her to go to bed early but she will have none of it. She now just comes when I go. This is what I was saying once I started BLW her bedtime changed and her long sleep gone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now