Talk

Advanced search

11 month old suddenly not sleeping!!

(7 Posts)
AngryWildChild Fri 12-Feb-16 23:51:49

Dd 11 months has been sleeping through from 8-8/9 for last few months. For the last week she suddenly won't go to sleep in her own cot and when she eventually falls asleep and we put her to bed it's for no more than 2 hours! She's fine during the day has one nap at around 1ish and is behaving normally. What on earth has happened to my baby? She screams like a banshee at bed time regardless of how tired she clearly is

AngryWildChild Sat 13-Feb-16 07:43:48

Bump

Wardrobespierre Sat 13-Feb-16 07:54:22

Does she stand up in her cot? Get distressed? Wake easily? Refuse to settle even though exhausted?

If she is otherwise well, it's a developmental leap. They are trying to make the synaptic connections which help them walk. Their brains make them get up. You can see them do it even in their sleep. Like us the night before a big exam or new job. Your brain won't let you settle. It'll pass on its own and all you can do is try and soothe.

Rule out illness and teething first but it's absolutely textbook.

AngryWildChild Sat 13-Feb-16 20:16:08

She's literally absolutely fine all day. Fell asleep on dad tonight put her to bed and she's screaming again, she literally never stops all night unless we pick her up

AngryWildChild Sat 13-Feb-16 21:52:58

Still not asleep sad literally screams blue murder the second I leave the room. Not happy to co sleep so feel a bit stuck now anybody have any suggestions?

Zombiemama Sat 13-Feb-16 22:01:31

Could it be teeth or wind pains?
Dd slept fantastic to she was cutting her first tooth that was 7 months ago and she's been in our bed at some stage every night since then.

I never wanted to Co sleep always rolled my eyes about babies in the bed but you do what you need to do for everyone to get some sleep.

With DD we find she wakens more frequently and earlier when she's cutting teeth but lately it's been a windy tummy wakening her

Whatever the reason I hope it's just a phase no sleep and a grumpy baby are not fun

waitingforsomething Sun 14-Feb-16 07:47:51

Is she cutting teeth? this happened to my good sleeper at about the same age and when some teeth came she settled back down

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now