The dreaded 4 months

(4 Posts)
Twinkletoes007 Sat 06-Feb-16 08:15:07

My almost 4 month old I think has hit the regression. She would sleep from 7-7 with a quick feed at 3am. The last few weeks she's gone down fine but been really restless after an hour or so and now she's often waking every 2 hours, sometimes 1.5 hours. Im running out of ideas. I thought perhaps she wasn't feeding enough so started a feed at 10pm but this has made no difference. I've tried to reduce her day time sleeping - she would sleep for 6 hours in 2x 3 hour chunks if she could in her pram - loves it. I've reduced it to 4 hours. But still no improvement. I can put her down in her crib awake but sleepy and she will often drift off but in the night she won't settle herself. Am wondering whether to move her to her cot as she's outgrowing the sleepyhead in her crib but will this result in even worse sleep. Any ideas folks? I'm sure it's just a case of riding it out. Thanks

Unhappyexpat Sat 06-Feb-16 09:21:20

Don't cut down her day sleep. Sleep breeds sleep so if shes overtired she'll sleep less deeply

Cathster Sat 06-Feb-16 09:32:56

While usually I would say maybe she is having too much day sleep (think they recommend not to let them sleep more than 2 hours but if she's only having two naps a day that's probably about right), she is at the stage where sleep does go out the window so it may not be related! What is her awake time like?

Afraid I can't help much as I'm going through the same thing. One thing though is my DD is feeding a LOT more so don't discount hunger. She's having two extra feeds a night at the moment and is taking most of the bottle so is definitely hungry.

plonkie Sat 06-Feb-16 09:49:50

Mine too! Feeding at least every two hours at night, it's like having a newborn again. My mum suggested it might be teething for my LO. He's waking up between sleep cycles with sore gums maybe and wanting to chomp on something. Just happens to be my boob!

Also, he seems very farty and thatd giving him discomfort. God knows but I'm bloody knackered!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now