Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Dummy refuser, finger sucker, please help!

(6 Posts)
twolittleboysonetiredmum Fri 05-Feb-16 13:04:53

As title says - dc3 who is 10 weeks has refused a dummy since she was 7 weeks ish and will only fall asleep if she gets to suck on my finger. She doesn't suck it during sleep, just to get off. I have no idea why she's refusing the dummy having happily had it since birth. I try to encourage her to have it during the day but no success yet. I can't keep on with my finger for too much longer, especially when she goes into her own cot in a few mths (currently in a co sleeper)
Am I daft to keep trying the dummy. Will she just stop being sucky at some point? I don't know what to do! Any experience or advice appreciated

Quoteunquote Fri 05-Feb-16 13:32:02

Why do you want her to have a dummy?

It is quite sensible of her to not want one.

twolittleboysonetiredmum Fri 05-Feb-16 13:35:04

I only want her to have a dummy as she's quite sucky and would much prefer that to my finger! However if someone could tell me that in a while she'll fall asleep without my finger then I wouldn't push the dummy as they're a pain too. I just can't see how much longer I can tolerate being her dummy and once she starts sleeping on her own - then what? Or is there something else I can do to help her settle other than suck?

Wolfiefan Fri 05-Feb-16 13:38:47

My DD was like this. She eventually found her own thumb!

Quoteunquote Fri 05-Feb-16 13:43:34

She will eventually find part of her fist or fingers, which is better than a dummy anyway, as she can't lose them in bed.

FATEdestiny Fri 05-Feb-16 22:18:34

Not sure I would want a finger/thumb sucker in preference to a dummy. I like that I can control dummy use, wean off its use and completely stop its use. All things not possible with thumb sucking.

I would just keep persevering OP!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now