Talk

Advanced search

8 week old baby,still sleeping a lot!

(5 Posts)
mrsjoker35 Sun 31-Jan-16 00:51:16

My baby just sleeps all!! The time . been sleeping the same since day one when will she start being awake a little more??
I hardly get to see her lol she smiles and goos and coos and whatnot. Shes the most awake between 7:30am -12/13:30pm, like today she was lying on her back holding her dummy and putting it in her mouth lol its so occasional i actually make a issue out of it blush
When did your baby "wake up" ?? Should i be worried?? Shes due a feed in like 20 minutes so im waiting for THAT to happen

FATEdestiny Sun 31-Jan-16 21:55:35

For the first 3 or 4 months baby is in the 'forth trimester' where they mirror how things were for them in the womb - when basically all they did was sleep.

It is perfectly usual that a newborn this age might have maybe 20 or 30 minutes awake between one sleep and the next - and most of that awake time will be taken with a feed and a nappy check.

This will slowly and gradually change, don't worry.

bonzo77 Sun 31-Jan-16 22:01:23

My baby is nearly 5 months. He's just waking up now. My older 2 were the same. Middle one is 3 and still sleeps whenever he can.

mrsjoker35 Sun 31-Jan-16 23:10:43

Well thats a relief! Theres two girls whos had their babies one a week ahead and a week in front of me and they both are exhausted because their babies just don't sleep and I'm sitting there like "when's mine going to wake?!?!" hmm

CityDweller Mon 01-Feb-16 12:03:29

Make the most of it. DS was like this until 13 weeks, when he woke up with a vengeance! He's gone from self-settling for 3hr+ naps to needing a lot of assistance and waking hourly in the night. I weep for those early days of easy/long naps!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now