Talk

Advanced search

Is there any point tying to introduce a mobile at 15m?

(8 Posts)
Cloudybutwarm Tue 12-Jan-16 08:47:03

Ds2 is 15m old. He was ok at settling himself to sleep (at least sometimes) until he learnt how to get up from lying down. This was back in August, so basically for the last 5m I have been stuck feeding to sleep as if you put him down awake he just stands up and starts shouting and crying. Instantly. No matter how tired he is.

On occasion I can shush him to sleep but it takes ages and he often gets quite angry.

We did briefly try a light and music mobile when he was a few months old but it had the opposite affect to my eldest and just seemed to keep him awake (my eldest is 4 and still likes watching it when he goes to sleep!) but I'm debating trying it again to see if it might help to stay lying down and settle?

Or any other suggestions most welcome!!

Cloudybutwarm Tue 12-Jan-16 08:47:45

Oh and he won't settle for Dh at all. If Dh goes in to him or tries to get him to sleep it's just RAGE

Bubbletree4 Tue 12-Jan-16 08:53:04

No I don't think so. I thought they were meant for a small baby who couldn't get up and pull the mobile? The one I had was not intended to be handled by an older baby, just watched by a young baby.

Jw35 Tue 12-Jan-16 08:56:06

I wouldn't. It might make things worse! Sorry not much help, I feed my one year old to sleep every night and if I try walking away before she's asleep she gets all panicky.

RatOnnaStick Tue 12-Jan-16 08:57:10

Both my children got on well with one of these ladybird star projectors Its battery operated and can sit anywhere so no danger of baby getting it. The stars are static or change colour and it goes off after a set time. No music but it sounds like thats not a problem.

BitOutOfPractice Tue 12-Jan-16 08:57:35

When I read this thread title, I thought "A mobile phone? For a 15 month old?! Madness!"

<helpful>

Cloudybutwarm Tue 12-Jan-16 09:19:34

I wouldn't have one that attaches to the cot bubble, it would definitely be one that can be placed out of his reach!

bitoutofpractice if it might work I'll try it!!!

Cloudybutwarm Tue 12-Jan-16 09:23:08

rat that looks like just the kind of thing I had in mind.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now