Cranial osteotherapy

(5 Posts)
Annach85 Mon 11-Jan-16 21:09:39

Just wondering if anyone has ever done this for their baby? A couple of friends have suggested it because my daughter is such a bad sleeper but I'm inclined to think it's akin to spending a lot of money on a 'how to get your baby to sleep book'! Can it actually be effective and how would I know that my daughter (7 months old now) would benefit from it?

Thanks

LovelyWeatherForDucks Mon 11-Jan-16 21:13:03

I did it with my 12 week old and it made the world of difference! It may have been coincidence but he self-settled from that moment on. His sleep has now (at 6 months) gone a bit dodgy (frequent night wakings) so I'll be taking him for another session. That said, I did it with my older DS and it made no difference at all (different osteopath, too). So I'd find local recommendations if you do go for it.

Longdistance Mon 11-Jan-16 21:30:48

I had this with dd2, who was quite colicky. We only had two sessions, and at week 9 she was sleeping through.
I only wish I did this with dd1, who is 6 and still a nightmare at bedtime.

Elsie212 Wed 13-Jan-16 21:01:20

I did it with my DD when she was 6-12 weeks old due to reflux & colic and staying awake for an entire 96 hour period without even a nap.

Worked fantastically and I wouldn't hesitate to return if I needed to. I was incredibly surprised at just how well it worked.

mintbiscuit Wed 13-Jan-16 23:37:43

I'm not convinced. Tried it with ds2. Didn't work.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now