Talk

Advanced search

Stopped Napping

(6 Posts)
Mylamoo22 Thu 07-Jan-16 10:33:06

Please can someone help. My 6 month old lg has never been the best sleeper and always needed rocking/ cuddling to sleep and would wake several times during the night, but during the day she would be great napper on me. However lately she's stopped napping and is constantly overtired. I've tried putting her in her cot as I thought she needed more room and was uncomfortable on me and I'm back at work next week so won't be able to do this. However this has not worked and she is now laid in her cot crying and I'm not sure what to do. Please anyone have any advice as the nights are even harder now too because she's overtired. I hate CIO but I've tried pat and sshh and PU/PD.

Artandco Thu 07-Jan-16 10:35:56

Can you put her in a sling or pram to sleep?

Mylamoo22 Thu 07-Jan-16 11:19:02

I take her for a walk as often as possible as she will sleep in her pram but when weather is so bad it's hard to get out. I tried her in a sling as a newborn but she loves to spread out in her sleep so I think she's a bit constricted in them now she's bigger. Thank you

Artandco Thu 07-Jan-16 11:52:37

I would defiantly try a sling again. Not a baby bjorn type but a soft structure sling with support for you and one that will go into your back when older

Like ergo, boba 4g, manduca. Means you can easily walk in rain if needed with umbrella! And very handy when 1-2 years for busy times when pram can't be used (stations/ airports etc)

Where will she be looked after when your working? A nanny/ childminder and nursery will all have ways of getting her to sleep so I wouldn't worry about it really

At that age mine often napped in our bed in the day. It meant Dh or I could go up, draw the curtains and lie next to them in bed to settle them with gentle patting. Once asleep either we also had a rest with them or read kindle/ checked emails on phone for an hour.

Artandco Thu 07-Jan-16 11:54:01

Oh and can you just try her in pram in house? Add Muslin over a bit so she can't see you ( over shade and handle so air gets in) and Rock pram 5 mins if needed. Then take muslin off and leave her to sleep

Mylamoo22 Thu 07-Jan-16 14:02:31

My friend is going to lend me an ergo so I will give it ago. She will be staying with my mum for 2 days and my OH one day, so if I can get her to nap in her pram/ cot that would be easier as my mum will be using a travel cot when she's with her or out in the pram. Thank you for the advice I will give it all ago and see where we get. I don't think it helps that I feel extra pressure as I'm going back to work whereas if I was staying st home It would be so much easier. Thanks again 😀

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now