Talk

Advanced search

Tell me about siblings sharing a room!

(7 Posts)
Haahooooo Mon 04-Jan-16 16:45:57

Keen to hear the good bits and the horror stories please, from anyone who has siblings sharing particularly at a young age.

I'm contemplating putting my 4 and 2 year old in a room together from the summer, I'm thinking it will be great and will solve all my bedtime issues but would love to hear experiences and tips?

Am thinking bunk beds, possibly with a slide!!

FATEdestiny Mon 04-Jan-16 18:44:10

I can't help with younger children advice (DS was 5 1/2 when he started sharing with his 10 year old brother) but with regards to bunk beds. Safety instructions indicate children under 6 shouldn't sleep a the top bunk.

Haahooooo Mon 04-Jan-16 20:45:49

Oh really! I didn't know that. That's annoying.!The eldest is very good at climbing in and out of top bunk beds when playing at friends' houses. Is it because of falling out while sleeping you think? I've seen some with quite high sides...

UnplainJane Tue 05-Jan-16 20:15:16

I'm not sure I would opt for a slide. I'm a big believer in beds being kept sacred for sleeping, not seen as entertainment/a toy. I could just imagine the over excited bedtimes and resistance to going to bed. Also the bunk bed would have limited use due to age - as the kids get older they might not want a slide on their bed.

Etak15 Tue 05-Jan-16 20:21:53

My older two have bunk beds (6&8) due to space since we moved they all have there own rooms but the oldest still gets in most nights with her sis, or sneaks in with her after they've gone to bed, I am currently as we speak in bed with dd3 till she goes to sleep with ds too, I have just frogmarched dd1 out of dd2's room because they are messing about she is moaning at her sisters annoying habits so I've just told her to get in her own room!! Just to give you a little taster of real life in bunk beds 😁

Haahooooo Tue 05-Jan-16 20:33:13

Hmm yes good point about the slide --and I guess the double decker
bus bed is out for the same reasons--

Ah I think that's quite sweet that they still like to share, although I'm sure not what you want if they're not going to sleep...

TVTurtle Tue 05-Jan-16 20:43:49

My boys have been in the same room since they were 3 and 14 months - we have bunk beds but started with them not as bunk beds (so one against each wall of the room iyswim) and then put them into bunk beds when they got older. They are now 5 and 3 and go to bed no problem - I think because they have never known any different and do not wake up if the other one does in the night either HOWEVER mornings are noisy! pretty much as soon as one is up they are playing and just get louder and louder until I shout at the to sthu

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now