sleeping on me during the day at 4 months

(4 Posts)
Sparkydent Mon 04-Jan-16 08:10:59

My 4 month old has GORD and is taking omeprazole. She also has terrible trapped wind both ends. During the day she will only sleep well lying on her front on me occasionally moving to burp. If I put her on her back in cot she wakes and won't settle so I pick her up burp her then won't go back to sleep as then it becomes a nightmare with more burps emerging and she gets upset as over tired. Burps are hours after feeding. She's on nutramigen to ease digestion and carobel to help milk stay down. At night she will sleep on back and settle herself usually in the night when wakes. Has anyone had this issue and how long did it go on for? I worried it will become a habit. I'm hoping as she becomes more upright at 6 months she will bring up wind easier then sleep longer on back during day? I did try her in front but she woke with wind then freaked out!

ABetaDad1 Mon 04-Jan-16 08:19:31

DS1 used t do this. He had similar issues and he used to lay on his tummy draped over me or DW as we sat watching TV half laying half sitting. The warmth of our bodies on his stomach meant it was soothing for him

Do you have someone who can share the load and take it in turns to be a mattress as it did go on really until he stopped having formula?

We also used to sit him in his car seat in the house to sleep which was a sort of carry cot which meant he was sleeping almost upright but safely strapped in. It meant we could eat, go to the loo, have a shower. He also sometimes would end up being in there until 2 am as me and DW both crashed in bed and fell asleep with exhaustion.

FATEdestiny Mon 04-Jan-16 11:59:07

Dummies are recommended for babies with reflux.

I would also recommend a bouncy chair for daytime naps. Just keep on bouncing and bouncing and bouncing and bouncing into sleep oblivion. Great for keeping going until baby 'gives in' and goes to sleep.

Sparkydent Mon 04-Jan-16 12:08:52

Thank you for your advice. She does have a dummy and loves it. No one to share the load and be mattress and I'm supposed to be going back to work in 4 weeks for financial reasons. I don't know what I'm going to do as she clearly can't go to nursery sad. Did weaning help at all?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now