Talk

Advanced search

Soooo tired

(3 Posts)
Ginga66 Mon 04-Jan-16 04:36:40

I have 6 yr old, 3 yr old and 6 month old. Recently stopped bf the 3 yr old. Both 6 and 3 year ikds have always been very active boys and hard to settle at night so bed time never easy/ 3 year old co slept until 6 months ago and bf until 2 weeks ago. 6 month old was sleeping quite well in cot but has since started waking every two hrs. Every night dh starts in our bed then 3 year old comes in crying and gets in and dh goes to 6 year olds room. I need hekpgetting 3 years old to stay asleep and 6 month oldc to wake less frequently? Dh rubbish at night btw

LostInMess Mon 04-Jan-16 04:59:47

I hear you! Am currently up researching various sleep strategies for mine after DC3 age 3 came crashing into our bed at 2.30 (as he does most nights) and I haven't been able to get back to sleep as he's thrashing about the bed and am worried about him squashing DC4 (3.5 months). Now sitting in chair about to attempt putting DC4 into cot for 3rd time - he will not sleep on own - whilst looking up relaxation CDs for DC1 aged 8 who struggles to get to sleep and winds herself/everyone else up making bedtime a massive shout-fest confused.

On the plus side, DC2 sleeps fine.....

It's a nightmare and I have no idea what the answer is but wanted you to know you are not alone. Am not particularly looking forward to tomorrow's INSET day as there will be much tired grouchiness, and that's just me. Clinging to the fact that this time last year DC2 was a bad sleeper and that eventually resolved itself. So jealous of those who sleep well - had a couple of nights earlier in the year and remember thinking 'wow, this must be how other people feel all the time'.

This too shall pass, right?

Chin up and hope you get some sleep soon - but you're not alone. smile

Ginga66 Sun 10-Jan-16 03:02:41

Hi thanks so much for getting back to me.
Taking it one day at a time.
DC 2 had just been going spare as we left his teela figure in the car. Baby won't be put down. Dh stomping about complaining. Dc1 asleep.
I feel insane.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now