Space saving cot - mattress 90 x 52 - can't find any bedding to fit??

(11 Posts)
CarrieLouise25 Thu 31-Dec-15 15:52:24

We're opting for a space saving cot due to lack of space. The mattress measures 90 x 52 cm. All the reviews are excellent, but we cannot find any bedding to match this size mattress. Going insane googling and researching; surely it should be easier than this?

It is a popular cot, they sell them in all the stores Kiddicare, Babies R Us, Argos, Tesco....you'd think they would link up to: 'you may also like to buy this bedding set to match'....but no!

Anyone else have a space saving cot, and have the bedding to go with it? All I can find is crib bedding (too small) and cot bedding (too big).

Thanks! x

NerrSnerr Thu 31-Dec-15 15:54:15

Can you just get flat sheets? We used sleeping bags (and a cellular blanket for the first few weeks) so sheets were the only bedding we've ever bought.

Gunting Thu 31-Dec-15 15:54:22

I used super kingsize pillowcases. They are hard to source but if you live near a Dunelm they do packs of 2 for £6.99 I think. My ds uses them in his crib and travel cot and they work great at they don't come off. They also come in every colour imaginable.

Gunting Thu 31-Dec-15 15:59:31

I used super kingsize pillowcases. They are hard to source but if you live near a Dunelm they do packs of 2 for £6.99 I think. My ds uses them in his crib and travel cot and they work great at they don't come off. They also come in every colour imaginable.

CarrieLouise25 Thu 31-Dec-15 16:03:38

Brilliant, thank you for your replies.

Think I'm getting carried away with the bedding bale sets which look lovely, but actually we don't need.

I think getting flat sheets will work, and you're right, they don't need the quilts etc and we'll have him in a sleeping bag after cellular blanket.

smile

bonzo77 Thu 31-Dec-15 16:12:09

There's a website called babymattressesonline that do odd sized sheets and can make to measure. I think our travel cot mattress is the same size as yours and we got sheets there.

CarrieLouise25 Thu 31-Dec-15 16:21:17

That's a good point, maybe a travel cot mattress sheet might work! Thanks for the link smile

Artandco Thu 31-Dec-15 16:22:36

You know babies shouldn't be using those baby duvets anyway as they are dangerous? Only over 1 year should they use a duvet. Same with cot bumpers, they aren't recommends due to suffocation

So all you need is cot sheets that fit ( John Lewis)

And sleeping bag baby can sleep in, and large muslin if you want to swaddle the first few weeks

Artandco Thu 31-Dec-15 16:31:49

These should fit as flat so just tuck any extra under

m.johnlewis.com/mt/www.johnlewis.com/john-lewis-organic-flat-pram-crib-sheets-100-x-75-cm-pack-of-2-white/p231905352?un_jtt_v_pdp=yes&un_jtt_v_from_product=un_product_30#page_loaded

CarrieLouise25 Thu 31-Dec-15 16:42:55

Brilliant Artandco, thanks for the link. Yes, just the sheet and sleeping bag will do just fine.

All this fuss, and I imagine the baby will find its way into our bed anyhow, as did our other two grin

wonkylegs Thu 31-Dec-15 16:52:02

I see somebody else has recommended www.babymattressesonline.co.uk we used them for an odd sized mattress & fitted sheets for an heirloom cot. They were really good and helpful and it arrived quickly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now