Talk

Advanced search

sleepy head to cot

(13 Posts)
Lovemybubble15 Thu 31-Dec-15 00:04:41

My lo is currently in sleepyhead and has been pretty much from birth. I'm considering putting into his own room as he seems to be a light sleeper and feel that maybe he wakes due to noise myself and partner make.
I'm trying putting him in the cot for daytime naps but he wakes up after about 20/30 mins max. Has anyone had troubles going from sleepyhead to cot?

TheHauntedFishtank Thu 31-Dec-15 20:08:40

They do a larger version now you know smile

Artandco Thu 31-Dec-15 20:10:36

Can't you just put the sleepyhead inside the cot?

Chchchchangeabout Thu 31-Dec-15 20:15:55

We just got the larger one and put it in the cot...

Lovemybubble15 Fri 01-Jan-16 02:00:46

I think the other half would kill me if I bought another bed for lo grin

Fleurchamp Fri 01-Jan-16 10:28:59

We took the tube of pillow out of the sleepyhead, put it in the cot and covered with a sheet/extra large muslin. It has worked for us!

DangerMouth Fri 01-Jan-16 12:16:02

I did the same as Fleur, but put the tube loosely around dd2 and used rolled up towels to keep it firm. Dd2 is nearly 15 weeks and grown out of the sleepy head so I didn't fancy spending £150 on possibly another 15 Weeks.

DangerMouth Fri 01-Jan-16 12:17:17

Just to add dd2 has been in her cot in the sleepy head for a while so it's a familiar place, just now a little less snug for her smile

Lovemybubble15 Fri 01-Jan-16 17:00:58

Fab thanks everyone will try taking the tubing out! Didn't fancy buying the bigger size myself. LO sleeps much better when he's snug. Maybe will change once he can roll.

fluffikins Fri 01-Jan-16 18:09:03

We went cold turkey, was ok until she started rolling in her sleep onto her front and waking up. We've persisted for a few weeks but given in, she's now back in the sleepyhead and sleeping much better and I've ordered the grand version for when she's ready to go into it.

Lovemybubble15 Fri 01-Jan-16 22:09:47

Flufflkins - I tried taking it away from mine but he has an even worse nights sleep that normal. He only goes 3 hours workout waking now!

DangerMouth Fri 01-Jan-16 22:13:38

fluff cancel your order and just use the tube from the sleepy head you have! Going cold turkey was always going to be hardcore smile

fluffikins Sat 02-Jan-16 06:47:17

I don't really see the point in not having the grand though, if it helps her sleep it's fine, it goes up to 36 months so she can then switch to normal pillows smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now