Talk

Advanced search

help!!

(4 Posts)
Charley90 Sat 26-Dec-15 11:57:52

Hi, this is my first time doing this but in desperate need of some light at the end of the tunnel!

My little boy is now 2 and has always been a fab sleeper from going down on his own and not waking till 7:30-8, for the past two months we have had nothing but constant performances to go to bed and constant screaming in the night and I am now at the point where I don't know what to do!

I feel I have tried nearly every technique and non of it has seemed to work, due to sleep deprivation I am now feeling like I am failing and taking the easy option of letting him fall asleep down stairs and carrying him up, if he wakes in the night if he doesn't settle the first few times I end up just saying right come on (also partly as I don't want him to wake my little girl who's 7 months as that has been happening aswell).

I am also feeling partly responsible as with trying all the new stuff I think I have confused him with it all!

I genuinely am feeling so down about all of this now and can't see what to do to correct it confused

FATEdestiny Sat 26-Dec-15 20:25:19

Is he in a bed or a cot? Many toddlers don't get on well with the transition to a bed and prefer the security of the cot

ridingsixwhitehorses Sat 26-Dec-15 23:02:17

Can you ask him how he wants to go to bed? My dd has always needed helping to sleep. Fed to sleep for first year then patted now sung to. Ds is 2 on other hand and likes a story and song and then to actually be left alone to fall asleep. Obv I would prefer them both to do it alone with minimal palaver but this too shall pass!

Charley90 Sun 27-Dec-15 15:57:48

He is in a bed but it's a cot bed, I don't think it's the transition as he started doing this when the cot sides were on, I thought maybe he would be better with it being a bed, obviously not. He used to go down just fine have his bath downstairs for half an hour of telly juice and a cuddle then would just lie down fine and I'd be able to walk and close the door, now if I even attempt to close the door it's like he is hysterical, scared of the dark? I don't know because he will get in my bed in the dark and be ok? I'm asking myself so many questions and if it's just his trying to play me but he also won't let his dad go in to him, if he tries to go in on the night he will continuously shout and cry for me. A few weeks ago he would settle if he could see me sitting on the stairs, if I spoke to him I would just say no it's bed time now close your eyes and every now and then he will sit up to check I'm there, he could then doze off and the second I move to go downstairs he's immediately up and crying again, but now he won't even go in there! I'm sorry if it sounds all bundled in, just a lot of things that's happening X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now