Talk

Advanced search

sleepyhead grand questions

(7 Posts)
fluffikins Thu 24-Dec-15 20:28:14

We've had the deluxe and it worked well until dd started needing to sleep on her side. Now she's without anything in the cot bed but often rolls into the sides or onto her tummy and wakes. So..

Is the sleepyhead grand ok for a 6.5 month old? She's goth good head control and is crawling, can roll both ways

And would she be able to roll enough in it to sleep on her side and shift about a little?

Lilipot15 Fri 25-Dec-15 19:31:04

My baby of the same age is in a sleepyhead grand, although she spends most of her time out of it and right next to me!! But when in it it seems to suit her fine.

fluffikins Fri 25-Dec-15 22:13:16

Is she really snug in it or can she roll a little? I want dd to be able to roll a bit so onto her side just not bash into the cot sides

Lilipot15 Sat 26-Dec-15 12:30:16

She can move a bit in it - certainly go from back onto side, probably couldn't roll all the way over in it. We used it first time round with DD1 - it had a fairly short use as I think she wanted more space to roll, but it helped us transition into big cot for sure.
Second time round, I am totally failing to get this baby into her cot but the big sleepyhead is useful for cosleeping, particularly when DH in bed too as he worries about her being in the bed. Whereas I am used to it as it has been nightly for over 6 months grin

Dixiechick17 Sun 27-Dec-15 07:45:12

We've just ordered it, as we had the deluxr and DD has been in her cot for around five weeks and is so unsettled, so we're hoping this will help. It is a lot bigger than the deluxe so should have wriggle room for a few months at least. My DD is just under 7 months.

fluffikins Sun 27-Dec-15 20:20:18

I think I'm going to get it. I've tried without the deluxe and had multiple wake ups. She's back in the deluxe tonight and self settled (well with me singing and stroking her arm but it's nearer to self settling than we've had before!) and had only one wake up.

Dixiechick17 Sun 27-Dec-15 22:19:01

Fingers crossed it works for both of us. Mine is arriving tomorrow smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now