Talk

Advanced search

Day 6 of terrible jet lag - please help me!!

(7 Posts)
Cloudybutwarm Sun 20-Dec-15 23:22:04

We got back from Florida last Sunday - 5 hour time difference. My eldest is back to normal pretty much but my 15 month old is still waking after about an hour and is then up until 1/2am.

I am trying to make sure he is up in the morning no later than 8/9 (he's not really getting enough sleep at the moment anyway, he used to have about 10 hours at night) and not letting him sleep too much in the day.

Any suggestions?

Cloudybutwarm Sun 20-Dec-15 23:22:31

He is up with me now watching national lampoons Christmas vacation.

LittleBearPad Sun 20-Dec-15 23:48:16

How are his naps. You may need to get a bit militant with naps as he may be over-tired and so night time sleep is bad too

Cloudybutwarm Mon 21-Dec-15 00:00:27

Because he's been getting up later he's only been having one a day although it's longer than usual.

Before jet lag he was still having 2 a day, a typical day was up about 6,

Cloudybutwarm Mon 21-Dec-15 00:15:14

Oops
Up about 6, nap 9-10, nap 2-3, bath 7, asleep by about 8 (with some variation due to eldest son activities!)

At the moment he's up at 8/9, nap 12-2/230, bath 7 ish, asleep 8 ish, up 9ish, asleep 1/2!

lilac3033 Mon 21-Dec-15 10:28:06

My DD was 5 months when we got back from the west coast of the US. Jet lag was hell. It took weeks. I think the turning point was when I started taking her out for a walk in the morning. I had been doing the afternoon. I think being out and about in the morning helped to regulate her clock. I would suggest trying that. It is probably a bit harder in the winter, but worth a shot! I also made her stay in a dark room whenever she woke up in the night, again to regulate the internal clock!

IsItMeOr Mon 21-Dec-15 10:30:53

When I was struggling with jet lag one January, I found the sad light helped. So I think lilac's morning walk suggestion is the closest young child equivalent.

Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now