Talk

Advanced search

2.5yo suddenly waking at night - squirming and crying

(11 Posts)
SurreyArmyWife Sun 20-Dec-15 07:46:18

My 2.5yo DS has been reliably STTN for about 6 months. Recently he has started waking multiple times per night, lots of squirming and crying. Picking him up / cuddling doesn't seem to help, which makes me think he's in pain. He settles himself to sleep at the start of the night and still has an hours nap. I can't think of any changes that could have caused such a sudden change - does anyone have any ideas?

NameNumber2 Sun 20-Dec-15 07:50:18

Have you checked for threadworms? Took as a while to figure that out!

NameNumber2 Sun 20-Dec-15 07:51:09

You will have to check when DS is asleep at night as that is when they come out and cause the most irritation.

SewingAndCakes Sun 20-Dec-15 07:51:24

I thought worms too.

Eatme Sun 20-Dec-15 07:53:28

Worms!

Purplehonesty Sun 20-Dec-15 07:53:33

Maybe he is starting to dream? And that's disturbing his sleep?

Eatme Sun 20-Dec-15 07:53:50

Check at night when he wakes yes

amysmummy12345 Sun 20-Dec-15 07:55:16

Oooh I might look for worms! What exactly am I looking for? What do I need to do? X

UnplainJane Sun 20-Dec-15 08:40:57

I wouldn't look for them, I would just treat and see if it helps. Remember to treat again in 2 weeks as if he does have worms then the first dose will kill them but not the eggs. (If there is a pregnant female and she dies full of eggs then that is millions of eggs left hanging around inside).

defineme Sun 20-Dec-15 08:46:38

They come out when they're asleep...you can use a torch...my kids didn't wake up when i checked ...little tiny wriggly white worms around their anus. Put him in a onezie so he cant reinfect and repeat treatment like it says on the packet. Hot wash sheets, You may have them too...

SurreyArmyWife Sun 20-Dec-15 12:53:15

Thanks for sharing your wisdom, I wouldn't have thought of threadworms! I've been to the pharmacy to buy some Ovex, so hopefully it works. The lady said that it was safe to take even if I haven't actually seen a worm, so we've all taken a dose. They advised a second dose in two weeks, and from what I've read on here it sounds like a good idea. I really hope this sorts DS night time disturbances, he's obviously uncomfortable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now