Talk

Advanced search

Sharing problems

(6 Posts)
Hawest1 Sat 19-Dec-15 22:57:10

Ds1 & ds2 share a room & have done since day dot. They have both been half decent sleepers so there has never been a problem, until now!
Ds1 has decided he is seeing ghosts so I have had to put a nightlight into the bedroom... Problem solved!? Nope!!
Ds2 has now decided he cannot sleep unless the room is tota darkness!
Ds2 goes to bed earlier since he is the youngest so the room is in darkness at this point. When ds2 is sleeping ds1 heads off to bed, so I then turn nightlight on.... An hour or so passes by & ds2 will wake moaning about the light.. I turn it off,.. Ds1 wakes up screaming the house down in fear the 'red ghost' will now get him.
Someone please tell me an easy way to get round this!?
They are getting bunk beds from Santa but I'm unsure if this will make things easier or harder 😕

Hawest1 Sat 19-Dec-15 23:00:28

Oh & leaving the hall light on isn't an option either as apparently it isn't good enough to keep the ghosts away.... I have tried!!

GothicRainbow Sat 19-Dec-15 23:02:44

How about instead of a night light you get DS1 one of those light up pillow pets or pillows that he can have in bed with him and snuggle with.

Might mean less of an intrusive light for Ds2 but enough for DS1 to feel secure.

Hawest1 Sat 19-Dec-15 23:12:26

Actually now u mention that,I did order them both one of those for xmas & it hasn't arrived yet! Can't believe I forgot about it! Shall be emailing them tomorrow haha.

FATEdestiny Sat 19-Dec-15 23:27:38

I assume DS2 will be on the bottom bunk?

Just make him a den by draping blankets around the bottom bunk (tucking them under the top mattress).

That will keep it darker for him.

Hawest1 Sun 20-Dec-15 07:48:05

Yeh he will be bottom bunk. That's actually a good idea thanks smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now