Talk

Advanced search

8 month sleep

(7 Posts)
Lacey2015 Thu 17-Dec-15 13:31:03

Just wondering what your 8 month routine looks like. Dd sleeps about 3.5 hours a day. 9-1030 1300-1430 and always needs a CN at 430ish. She awakes at 530am and am unsure why as I think she sleeps well and is not overtired? Bedtime at 630/7pm. Any ideas on what is normal??

lilac3033 Thu 17-Dec-15 13:38:30

Sounds pretty similar to my DD who is 7.5 months old, although your DD has longer naps. DD does sleep a bit later 630ish, but she is up at least once a night for a feed. I think 11 to 12 hours of sleep per night is normal.

Lacey2015 Thu 17-Dec-15 13:55:53

I'm trying to tweak the routine to get 12 hours but unsure how to work it!? Does yours still take a catnap? I'm happy she at least sleeps through so I shouldn't be complaining I suppose...

lilac3033 Thu 17-Dec-15 14:59:18

I usually get one good 1.5 hour nap per day. Then 2 45 minute naps, give or take 10 minutes. Unfortunately I think you just have to roll with it. If I think DD is up too early I just keep her in the dark for 20-30 minutes more. Maybe keep her in bed until 6? She might get the idea... I would try that if it was me!

DorotheaHomeAlone Thu 17-Dec-15 15:09:41

You might want to push her morning nap back a little to around 9.30. We were told at that age an early morning nap encourages earlier waking. Then maybe you could push the other main nap back a little and knock out the cat nap?

Lacey2015 Thu 17-Dec-15 16:16:30

I leave her until 645 and then she starts to whine she just lies there rolling around her cot until then. So I suppose she is sill resting!? I also don't feed her until 7am as I heard this is meant to help prevent the wake up. I attempted 9.10 nap this morning so will try that for a few days? Should I cap this nap or leave it at 1.5 hours? Then next nap at 1300 ish?

LariyahSpen Thu 17-Dec-15 16:28:37

My 8 month old has never been a good napper, actually sleeping isn't her strong point and never has been tbh!

She wakes up between 5.30-8.30 every morning and it can literally be one morning at 6am the next at 8am we can never tell.

She will have her breakfast about 8ish then a 6oz bottle at 10.30-11 then a nap straight after but it's rarely longer for half an hour. Then lunch at about 12.30-1pm and the afternoon nap often doesn't happen, she will just cry and cry if we try to get her to nap if she does its at about 3pm & lasts again no longer than half an hour.

She has her dinner about 5.30-6 then bath, last bottle & bed by 6.45 every night.

We have stuck to a strict routine since birth but she has always been all over the place with her sleep. She still has a feed in the night at about 2am but when she's badly teething it's 2 feeds.

I know ppl have it much worse than us but I've only just got used to her sporadic sleeping and non naps. Basically everything I need to do in the day I do with her around because she rarely naps and half an hour is about enough to clean the bathroom then she's awake again shock

I'd love a baby that napped for upto two hours but she just won't

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now