Talk

Advanced search

11month old suddenly won't sleep

(4 Posts)
icclemunchy Tue 15-Dec-15 16:26:24

DD2 is 11months old (she was born at 35 weeks so just under 10months corrected) and has suddenly stopped falling asleep.

She's ebf and cosleeps has always been fed to sleep, stirs when put down but would happily drift off if I laid next to her then I could leave, same for naps although she will nap in the sling/car too.

For the past 3 days she's just constantly fighting going to sleep. Both at bed time and for her naps. Even I a type this she's throwing herself around crying because she's so tired having missed her lunchtime nap and heading past her 4pm one. She doesn't want to be held or fed but nor does she want me to leave her and I'm at a loss what to try next!!

She wakes for feeding during the night but goes straight back to sleep. It's just the initial dropping off she's fighting. Help sad

September60b Tue 15-Dec-15 19:11:24

Op I could have written this post. I have an 11 month old and for the last few days she has done exactly the same thing. Feeding her to sleep is no longer working, she doesn't want to be held but if I try and put her down she doesn't want that either. Hopefully someone will come along soon with some advice!

icclemunchy Tue 15-Dec-15 19:18:06

She's been Awake since 11.45 and shows no signs of stopping confused we've missed two naps and she's grumpy as sin

icclemunchy Tue 15-Dec-15 21:17:38

Maybe it's some kind of worldwide spell on 11month olds September clutching at straws now

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now