Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Should I put my 9 month old down on his front?

(4 Posts)
helly29 Tue 15-Dec-15 09:11:12

Hi all, if be grateful to hear what you guys would do...warning, I suspect I may be being PFB...

My 9 month old has been rolling front to back since 5 months, and back to front for about 6 weeks. A couple of weeks ago he started rolling onto his tummy to sleep, and it was like magic - he'd suddenly wake no more than one a night (previously 2-3) and he'd have 2+hr naps! (previously no more than 40 mins!) add the lullaby trust said leave babies who can roll to find their own position, I've been fine with this (and the sleep!). I've been putting him down on his back as they advise.

However, the last few days, it is like he has forgotten how to get onto his tummy when he's in bed - he still rolls fine the rest of the time. He gets upset and hysterically angry that he can't get to sleep on his back well anymore, and doesn't sleep well when he eventually does - making him even more tired and upset. He calms down /dozes off when I carry him but pings awake the second I put him down. I don't want to get back into rocking him to sleep again - he's too heavy! (10.5kg)

So my question is - can I just put him down on his front? My husband can't see why this is different from him getting there himself and it gets us all a better sleep. But the paranoid side of my brain worries about the guidance and that I'm putting him in danger!

Sorry for the long post - any advice please?

hilbil21 Tue 15-Dec-15 09:13:17

My son is 9 months next week and I've been putting him down on his front since I realised that's what he did himself anyway. Probably since about 5.5 months! I would xx

helly29 Tue 15-Dec-15 20:47:41

Thanks for the reply, I think I will. I think I need to stop stressing!

starfish12 Tue 15-Dec-15 20:59:02

Both my sons slept on their front since birth (oops I know...!). At 9 months I would say it's def ok. Enjoy the sleep!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now