Talk

Advanced search

Nearly 12 month old suddenly can't get to sleep

(1 Post)
Armywifelife Fri 11-Dec-15 16:39:50

DS was bf til 7mo and has always been a great sleeper/napper (when he was bf he would wake up every 2-3 hours at night but gradually grew out of that as he got bigger). When he went on to formula he learnt to get himself to sleep so after bedtime routine I would place him in cot and he would just drift off in his own time.
This was all great until about 2 weeks ago when he started waking up and screaming in the night several times. After I pick him up he falls asleep straight away on my shoulder and I'll sit in the rocking chair for a few minutes with him (he's usually gets himself into a right state after crying even though I go straight to him) until he calms down. He will be fast asleep and snoring but as soon as I put him down he does his almighty loudest possible scream until I pick him up again!
I just don't get it, he's not clingy AT ALL, I can go out for the day and he would never realise and isn't bothered if I leave the room etc during the day.
He seems to be teething a bit so is having neurofen which seems to make him sleep longer but if he does wake up at night it's still the same screaming routine. I can spend up to 2 hours picking up and putting down until he's so tired he can't cry anymore sad
I just can't figure it out?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now