Talk

Advanced search

Cot bumper for older baby?

(6 Posts)
GETTINGLIKEMYMOTHER Tue 08-Dec-15 09:43:55

My 7 and a half month granddaughter seems to bump her head on the end of the cot, and I have just found her (asleep) on her tummy with one leg hanging right out, which looks very uncomfortable. I was going to buy cot bumpers but having looked online they all say they are unsuitable for a baby who can sit up unaided, or pull herself up, which she is verging on doing. I don't quite understand how a cot bumper could be dangerous, but has anyone else found a way round this? Thanks.

DropYourSword Tue 08-Dec-15 09:48:46

Please don't do it, they aren't worth the risk. I can send you links to coroners reports of babies who have died because of these things.

UmbongoUnchained Tue 08-Dec-15 09:49:32

Nooooooooooo!!

Suzy4321 Tue 08-Dec-15 09:54:46

Mine is the same. I have got bumper but now she is big enough to tug at it I am taking it away. My theory is if she wiggles all the way to the top corner ( her favourite position) if she don't like it she would move.

BondJayneBond Tue 08-Dec-15 09:55:36

An older, mobile, baby could use a cot bumper as a "step" to help them climb out of the cot.
Or they could manage to entangle themselves in it, which would be a suffocation / strangulation risk.

polkadotdelight Tue 08-Dec-15 20:01:19

You can buy mesh 'bumpers' to reduce the suffocation risk but DS just used to stick his feet through on top of them. I removed it after a few weeks and Ive no doubt he would have used it as a step to climb the cot. He has no bumpers and is fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now