Talk

Advanced search

10 week old nap schedule?

(10 Posts)
TheFabledSnake Tue 08-Dec-15 08:47:47

My DD is just on 10 weeks and I've never managed to get her in a proper nap schedule - is there such a thing?

Around 5 every day she gets cranky and wants to sleep but won't. I try to keep her awake since I do bed routine between 6 and 7, which seems to work since she will sleep for 4 to 5 hours, wake for feed, then back to sleep, though she will often wake up around 5 until 6, but not hungry.

She is FF, has a dummy and sleeps in a cot in our room.
Another thing is that she only naps on me and wakes up pretty quickly if I put her in her cot (even warmed up by hot water bottle).

Am I doing anything wrong, or is this just what babies do? She's my first.

Thanks!

eurochick Tue 08-Dec-15 09:04:50

At that age, I would just follow her lead.

HardleyWorthit Tue 08-Dec-15 09:08:02

Agree with eurochick.
10 weeks is still very little. Mine is 18 weeks and only just starting to fall into a sort of pattern. She mostly just fits in with my daily plans though.

HardleyWorthit Tue 08-Dec-15 09:09:42

forgot to add, everything you describe sounds perfectly normal.

flowers

TheFabledSnake Tue 08-Dec-15 09:21:47

Brilliant, thank you both. I was worried I'd been messing it up and of course all people tell me is that I'm spoiling her but letting her fall to sleep on me.

UtterlyClueless Tue 08-Dec-15 09:28:24

They need all the sleep they can get most babies don't fall into a proper routine till around 6months possibly later.

I hate it when people say it's spooling them it's such a daft thing to say.

UtterlyClueless Tue 08-Dec-15 09:28:36

Spoiling

waitingforsomething Tue 08-Dec-15 11:15:25

Just go with her. Imo it's really hard to get a baby in a routine until they are largely sleeping through

SouthYarraYobbo Tue 08-Dec-15 11:21:39

My 11 week old has started to only nap on me. She sleeps 12 hours at night in her own cot with one waking so l think it's ok.

I said this on another thread but l really worried about dd1 naps and put a ridiculous amount of time into having her naps in her cot. But that was because l really needed to nap also!

TheFabledSnake Tue 08-Dec-15 20:27:11

Thanks everyone, I feel a lot better now. I just hope she starts to love her cot soon!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now