how do you unwind?

(4 Posts)
GeorgiaT2468 Sat 05-Dec-15 22:34:08

I find it so hard at nights to switch off and fall asleep. Iv been laying in bed now 3 hours and cannot sleep regardless of trying. Anyone got some strategies on how they drift off?

Sometimes my head can hit the pillow and others in itching to get up lol xx

GonzoFlyingProducts Sun 06-Dec-15 01:12:32

Two bottles of Cotes du Rhone, the iplayer, bit of Amazon Prime, bit of Radio 4 depending on mood. Pop the first one at 8pm, don't pop the second one until 10 pm and hit the hay at midnight.
Do this every other day for two weeks and you will never have any trouble sleeping again. You won't become an alcoholic but you will discover exactly how much decent French medicine it takes to slow your brain own and make it demand you climb the wooden hill.

GeorgiaT2468 Sun 06-Dec-15 07:26:52

I should have said I'm completely T total, plus two kids plus nearly 40 weeks pregnant.. Lol so the drink il give a miss but the rest I will try xx

SladeGreen Sun 06-Dec-15 07:31:39

Do you listen to podcasts? There are loads from Radio 4 to choose from. Documentaries and File on 4 are particularly good to get stuck into. I find they help me "switch off" from whatever has been keeping me awake.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now