Talk

Advanced search

Shall i wake him?

(18 Posts)
Nottalotta Fri 04-Dec-15 21:04:24

Hes been asleep since 3pm. Stirred a few times before 6. Shit night last night and not a great sleeper in general.. 4months old.

Iguessyourestuckwithme Fri 04-Dec-15 21:07:45

I would have woken him hours ago

Peppapigallowsmetoshower Fri 04-Dec-15 21:10:43

Wake. You might have another tricky night ahead or a late night at least. Tough age for sleeping.

DorotheaHomeAlone Fri 04-Dec-15 21:13:05

Yes, definitely wake him. Then preferably pass him over to someone else for a bit and head to bed. You could be in for a long night. Good luck!

Nottalotta Fri 04-Dec-15 21:16:07

I've been up since 1.30am. He doesn't want to wake. I did get an hour and half kid with him earlier. He's never slept this long. Ever.

Kept just expecting him to wake up. This is new to me!

FreeButtonBee Fri 04-Dec-15 21:19:55

Think illness is lurking. Get the calpol and nurofen in, have thermometer handy, go to bed now yourself and prepare to cancel all plans for the weekend.

BumWad Fri 04-Dec-15 21:22:29

Second what Free says. My DS always sleeps loads before an illness.

I would have however waken up for a feed by now. DS is a preemie.

Nottalotta Fri 04-Dec-15 21:31:55

Shall i give him calpol now? Ill take his temp.

ExitStageLeft Fri 04-Dec-15 21:37:44

Leave him be, he'll wake when he's ready xx

SouthYarraYobbo Fri 04-Dec-15 21:53:44

I'd leave him too. It's only 6 hours and if he'd done it overnight no one would say wake him confused (l have an 11 week old who is currently sleeping 10+ hours at night shock who l don't wake up!)

He's probably just exhausted.

SouthYarraYobbo Fri 04-Dec-15 21:54:34

Ok if he's still asleep that's 7 hours blush

Nottalotta Fri 04-Dec-15 22:14:33

I did wake him gently, had nappy change and got ready for bed. Feeding now. No temperature.

I guess at least i know he can sleep 6hours in a row! On his back too. Last night was so awful as overtime i laid him down he woke so i ended up with him either on my lap on a feeding pillow or over my shoulder. So he slept, i didn't!

Wonder what tonight holds.....

Nottalotta Fri 04-Dec-15 22:16:20

south 11 hours!!!!! cries

SouthYarraYobbo Fri 04-Dec-15 22:56:01

If it's any consolation which l know it won't be dd1 was a terrible sleeper so l do know your pain!

Nottalotta Fri 04-Dec-15 23:04:31

That does make me feel a bit better. :-)

SouthYarraYobbo Fri 04-Dec-15 23:13:12

And I'm also expressing for dd2 as she stopped bf after tt so while she's sleeping through I'm up a few times to pump!

That's all l've got though sorry to make you feel better grin

BumWad Sat 05-Dec-15 08:38:41

How did your night go? Hopefully not as bad as mine! 😴

WooLulu Sat 05-Dec-15 08:50:56

Jumping in on your thread Nottalotta. My night was hideous - 2nd night in a row. Been in bed for 11.5 hrs now and asleep for approx 4 (in 2 stints). My baby is young but seems to have night and day mixed up.
Took 3 hrs of feeding, patting, white noise, crying (me) to get him to sleep after midnight and then he was up for 2 hours after the 3.30am feed. I feed him to sleep but he wakes whenever I put him down. I don't know how to keep him awake in the day - he's a determined sleeper when he wants to be!
Didn't think I'd ever say this but am considering Gina Ford/some kind of routine. Can't carry on bf to no avail, up for hours every night and then deal with toddler in the day. Just can't function.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now