Talk

Advanced search

4am waking..

(5 Posts)
HollyC255552 Fri 04-Dec-15 07:39:05

Hi,

My DD is 20 weeks & for the last few nights she has been waking at 4am & then finding it difficult to resettle. I manage to rock her until she is asleep again but once i put her back in her crib shes then awake within 30 minutes. This is like this until 6:30ish when we get up. Last night i ended up bringing her in bed with us but dont really want to do this. She used to sleep through but still waking a few times for her dummy but thats it. Anyone have any ideas on why this might be happening all of a sudden? Thanks!

starfish12 Fri 04-Dec-15 16:41:51

4 month sleep regression? Mine is 5.5 months and we frequently have this issue. I don't know what to suggest other than hope it goes away quickly. That's my strategy anyway... not that that helps at 4am but I don't think there is much you can do xx

HollyC255552 Fri 04-Dec-15 20:07:15

Thanks Star..guess we just have to sit it out. Hope it passes soon for us. Xx

clurina32 Sat 05-Dec-15 21:54:43

if its any consolation we are going through exactly the same thing. Our daughter is 5.5 months and after having a TERRIBLE time in month 4 of constant wakings and then illness which totally screwed things up she is now waking anytime between 3 & 4 for a feed and then taking ages to settle back to sleep again. I keep telling myself this is so much better than where we were a couple of weeks ago, but I think its all catching up on me and I just want a good night's sleep.........we can only live in hope eh? smile

MicheleWeinberger Sat 05-Dec-15 22:25:40

Just think we are coming to the end of this faze. Think the main reasons for the disruption was he found his voice so wanted to babble at every opportunity so this would keep him awake rather than going back to sleep on his own, the clocks went back, he started seriously teething (he has had 2 teeth come through in the last month) and lastly was ready for weaning which I did about 5 months 1 week. I would just try to make sure they are getting enough milk in the day maybe up feeds if you can and if teething use some teething gel to help them resettle. Hang in there though you will get through it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now