2 year sleep regression!!!!!

(31 Posts)
PositivePete Fri 04-Dec-15 01:56:34

Is there one?????

I can't cope with another night !!!

3 nights of constant wakings

Is it a PHASE?!?

originalusernamefail Fri 04-Dec-15 02:14:17

Bloody hell I hope not shock. DS's sleep has gone right to cock since I started mat leave a week ago. 2 YEARS of 8-8 uninterrupted sleep and an afternoon nap, only to lose it now (currently listening to him bouncing on his bed laughing to himself) soooo tired.

PositivePete Fri 04-Dec-15 02:22:56

Jesus!!! Exactly the same here, I've been so lucky with a 7-7 ....

Now this shit!? And asking for milk .... WHAT??

I'm about to cry if I'm honest, this is the fourth night sad

I'm now so full of dread, I can't sleep when he finally does drop off again!!!!!!

Headmelt Fri 04-Dec-15 02:41:33

We went through this 2 yr old regression. it lasted 10 months You have my sympathy. I think it was separation anxiety and night terrors peaked.

Headmelt Fri 04-Dec-15 02:47:32

I'm so jealous of your 12 hours straight sleep. I haven't had a full night of sleep in over 3 years (dc2 arrived when the 2 year regression ended)hmmsadshock.

Headmelt Fri 04-Dec-15 02:50:05

Would water in a sippy cup by the bed work instead of milk? Shorter daytime naps?

LabradorMama Fri 04-Dec-15 04:09:26

Same here, I'm bloody fed up. Been sleeping 12-13hrs since 5 months plus daytime naps. Now he's up at least once every night (could be worse I realise)

BUT I did away with his dummy last week and he spends weekends with his daddy who lets him sleep in his bed, which doesn't help.

I won't let him in my bed and I got cross with him tonight/this morning when he was stood in his cot shouting so I left him to it. My poor neighbour must hate me.

LabradorMama Fri 04-Dec-15 04:10:42

And asking for milk too - what?? Where did this come from? But daddy has been giving him it and now he wants it every night!

Queendedede Fri 04-Dec-15 07:33:04

Yes there is a 2yr sleep regression so yes, just a phase! How long it will last is anyone's guess though. (I'm still waiting for my 20mo to get over the 9 month one...... hmm)

Moohoomeltdown Fri 04-Dec-15 07:47:19

My DS is nearly 2. He hasn't slept the night since Saturday. And that was an accident and once off. He never sleeps. 18 month regression was chronic. Last night was 2 hours awake. "I need a poo on the potty, I want a story, hold my hand, is the moon out, want go downstairs, read I love you daddy, no no leave pleeeeease, cuddle mummy, mummy bed" ended up in bed with me, DH and I feeling defeated, exhausted and sad. Two fecking years. Two years!! Just...go...to...sleep and stay asleep. A lot of my friends have "sleepers" and they just don't understand.

Queendedede Fri 04-Dec-15 08:08:34

Mine is gradually getting better - bed at 7 sleeps until 11.30 then calls me into his room three times between 11.30 and 2.30 then sleeps until 6. In my experience of having an older child, it does tend to get better once day nap stops, around 3 years old for my first.

PositivePete Fri 04-Dec-15 09:24:05

I have been awake as has DS since 1am. I look like Barbara Cartlands Dug up body.

FUCKING BASTARD Sleep regressions.

I will remain calm but tough this eve.

Peppapigallowsmetoshower Fri 04-Dec-15 10:01:28

Oh goodness OP, one of those nights, we've had a few of them. How awful. Just survive the day. He should go out like a light later.....hopefully. People don't believe me when I say I've been up since 2/3am for the day, they look at me a bit odd but by then Ive tried everything. By the you hit 5.30/6am there's chuff-all point in persevering.

It won't last forever, it won't last forever, it won't last forever.

PositivePete Fri 04-Dec-15 10:11:19

I love you all ....

weeblueberry Fri 04-Dec-15 11:41:24

2 and a half year old is going through this now. Coincided with starting to toilet train and now she's just waking and wanting to come through to our bed. Wouldn't be such an issue but 1) she kicks about all night like a bloody dying antelope and 2) we've still got our 8 mo in the room with us and she's both disturbing her and being disturbed by her when the baby wakes for a feed.

Basically I'm lucky if I get 2 hours on the trot. Feel like death.

Peppapigallowsmetoshower Fri 04-Dec-15 11:53:59

Dying antelope grin great phrase, very accurate. You think they'd be bloody grateful to be in the big bed but nooooooo, butt, butt, butt, roll, roll, roll. I think my son is trying to wear me or climb back inside me. No sense of personal space.

PositivePete Fri 04-Dec-15 12:00:25

Oh my god I can't cope with this

Headmelt Fri 04-Dec-15 12:07:58

I was so tired one morning, when I awoke, dh had gone to work and dc had climbed in and was cuddled in next to me as a replacement. shockgrin
I leave a small night light on and the bedroom door open at night for our toddler, it has improved the getting out of bed 'phase'. I need a daytime nap more than my dc need theirs!

Peppapigallowsmetoshower Fri 04-Dec-15 12:48:42

Come on Pete, you can do it, half way through the day...any sign of a nap yet?

PositivePete Fri 04-Dec-15 12:57:28

Are we talking about me napping!?! Hahah

I'm at work, I work full time, I just called the wrong person for a meeting

Thing is:

I don't want him in my bed as he too acts like a dyeing antelope

I don't want to give him milk in the night

I don't want bad bedtime habits to creep in

So tonight ..... I will be calm but firm, I'm also a lone parent so I have to stop this now

Peppapigallowsmetoshower Fri 04-Dec-15 13:14:23

flowers

weeblueberry Fri 04-Dec-15 20:23:03

Good luck lovely. I don't know true it is because I'm too much of a bloody coward to try it but so many folk say three nights and they're broken of the habit.

LabradorMama Sat 05-Dec-15 21:18:18

I'm a survivor. Cut out the daytime nap Thursday and Friday, worked like a charm. DS gas now gone to his dad for the weekend so no doubt hell will resume on Monday with 3am milk requests and a burning desire for a tour of the house, starting with the big bed.
But I have two child free nights ahead of me. Goodnight folks, Godspeed

PositivePete Sat 05-Dec-15 21:52:14

You monster! Lone parent? 2 child free nights! I am fucked off ..... Jealous is not the word

God speed too... I'm going in, lights off (for me)

Good night all good night Vienna!

PositivePete Sat 05-Dec-15 21:54:37

I feel a support group "hi I'm Pete, I'm a survivor of the 2 year old sleep bollox regression"

Or "hi I'm Pete. I am fucked"

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now