Talk

Advanced search

5 month old weird sleep pattern?

(8 Posts)
bobsalong Thu 03-Dec-15 19:16:16

DD has had a bedtime since she was about 6 weeks old and I've felt very lucky with how quickly she dropped her night feeds and how well she takes bedtime. am also very aware of how quickly things may go downhill so mentally preparing

Before the bloody fucking clocks went back she fed at 6pm, was asleep by 7pm and awake again at 6am for breakfast. Unfortunately we were stupid enough to not realise they were going back until the day before, by which point it was too late to start preparing her. So we gradually shifted bedtime etc. and after a few early starts she went back to normal.

She must have or still be having her 4 month sleep regression, because her wake up times are now really sporadic? We do a bath at around 6pm, stories etc and a bottle which takes us up to 7pm, and she does go straight down.
However, she can wake anytime between 3 and 7:30 and there has been nothing at all to trigger this. Last few nights she has needed a feed at about 10:30pm, which is fine, but this hasn't helped her sleep through at all. In fact she has been waking up at 5, and nothing on earth will soothe her back off again sad She did used to do this occasionally and I'd pop her into bed with me, where she'd go straight back off until 6. Now I just get kicked, hit, grabbed and grinned at or burbled to (I don't mind the last two).
I have no other option but to get up- she's super happy and full of energy but then falls asleep by 6 and sleeps until about 9am! So I then just sleep on the sofa but it's bloody exhausting. I don't mind if she wants to get up at 5 I do but she's obviously still tired??
Should also note she used to have breakfast at 6am which was a 6oz bottle, she's now barely hungry until 9? So she's not waking up early mornings for food!

Can anyone help? I've tried her mobile, calm nightlights, soothing, cuddles, we only get up to her if she's properly crying and she can self-soothe, she just refuses to do it. Is this normal and something that will change/pass in time?

starfish12 Thu 03-Dec-15 21:52:00

Omg I would kill to be in your situation...

3sugarsplease Thu 03-Dec-15 21:54:23

Ditto starfish

BathshebaDarkstone Thu 03-Dec-15 21:55:36

I'd say that's not weird, that's normal! This too shall pass. wine

CheeseCakeOfDreams Thu 03-Dec-15 21:57:58

Sounds like you're living the dream to me.

CheeseCakeOfDreams Fri 04-Dec-15 07:31:56

Have you tried putting a dummy in when she wakes up to see if she drifts back off again? That works with my DD sometimes if she's not hungry.

bobsalong Fri 04-Dec-15 10:26:10

Yeah we've tried the dummy. It probably is very good compared to some other babies, but it's draining getting up every 5-10 minutes between 3 and 5 with her screaming her head off and not wanting a feed sad

thinkfast Sat 05-Dec-15 00:10:19

Sounds dreamy from where I'm standing rubbing my red eyes. Lucky you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now