Talk

Advanced search

Ok to leave 4 month old on tummy when he rolls over in sleep?

(5 Posts)
GentlyGentlyOhDear Thu 03-Dec-15 14:37:18

My 4 month old keeps rolling onto his stomach as soon as I put him into his cot and also during the night and during naps.

I have up to the point been religiously flipping him back over, but it is waking him up and he is screaming when I do and I can't get any sleep as I'm constantly checking on him and moving him.

At what point is it ok to leave them on their front? I never had this problem with my DD as she never rolled! I think I'm in for a mover this time as he is trying his best to crawl, bless him!

CatKirk Thu 03-Dec-15 14:50:46

Once they can roll I think sleeping on front is not so bad as they must have a reasonable amount of control. It's not ideal as they sleep a bit deeper on their fronts but you can't keep flipping and it's probably just a phase.

BathshebaDarkstone Thu 03-Dec-15 14:52:45

Can he roll back? If so, yes. smile

GentlyGentlyOhDear Thu 03-Dec-15 14:59:04

He can roll back - he front to back first actually - but he hasn't rolled back for a while - he seems to like being on his front.

I'm really hoping it's a phase!

GentlyGentlyOhDear Thu 03-Dec-15 15:10:37

Would placing a small foam wedge pillow under his tummy make any difference so he isn't fully flat?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now