Talk

Advanced search

When is a 1yo baby really awake?

(6 Posts)
Mark070 Thu 03-Dec-15 09:00:21

Hello all,

We are starting to find a bit difficult sometimes to tell if or when our 1yo son is really awake. Sometimes he is noisy but when we pick him up we notice that he was actually not fully awake. Other times he is totally quiet but when we look at our baby monitor, and if his face is towards the camera we can see that his eyes are fully open and he had been actually fully awake, probably bored and sad there, and we fell bad for not having noticed earlier. The problem is worse when we can't see if his eyes are open, when he is turned away from the camera. And in the mornings its becoming more difficult to tell when he is really awake, between say 5.30 and 7AM, as he can be noisy and sleepy, or quiet and awake!

Thanks,

Mark

scrivette Mon 07-Dec-15 07:55:38

If he is in his cot quietly don't feel bad, he would soon let you know if he was bored!

PennyHasNoSurname Mon 07-Dec-15 07:57:27

I only ever get mine up if they become unsettled in the morning. If lay there content, leave them!!

Mark070 Mon 07-Dec-15 11:28:27

Hi scrivette and PennyHasNoSurname,

Thank you for your replies.

My concern is coz a few months ago we did that "sleep training" (when he was around 6 or 7mo old), and i worry that he "learnt" that "there is no point in crying, coz they won't come"...

scrivette Mon 07-Dec-15 20:02:17

Does he cry at other times? If you leave a small teddy in there then he could see/play with that when he wakes?

Mark070 Fri 11-Dec-15 11:17:07

Hi scrivette,

Yes, sometimes he does wake up, usually between 9PM and 10PM, and does cry, suddenly and loudly - perhaps from a bad dream???. And in these cases we do go there, to sooth him until he calms down, which usually happens in just a few minutes.

I think I get what you mean: "If he cries sometimes then he didn't 'give up' on crying". Is that what you meant? I guess I am over-worried...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now