Talk

Advanced search

7 month old still feeding alot through the night

(7 Posts)
sharond101 Wed 02-Dec-15 22:03:50

My dd seems to have a huge feed at 4am then again at 6.30am. Through the day she is less interested with smaller feeds around 11am, 3/4pm then at 7 before bed. I suppose if she has gone from 7pm to 4am she may want to eat more but given the intensity of the feed I cannot see her sleeping through of her own accord any time soon. Any advice?

fluffikins Wed 02-Dec-15 22:05:47

I think it's pretty normal at 7 months to need a night feed.

M0ggy Wed 02-Dec-15 22:09:11

Im no help, but my DD fed 2-3 times a night until she was 2.

sharond101 Wed 02-Dec-15 22:19:08

She seems to feed much more intensely through the night. Is this normal?

M0ggy Wed 02-Dec-15 22:29:48

I suppose if she is on solids all through the day now with drinks, maybe she does fancy to keep going,
I tried DD with porridge before bed etc, but she still wanted feeding right through,

I just went with it, she used to go back to sleep within seconds, it settled her back off & reassured her I was there, we co-slept, so at least I never had to get up!

happytocomply Wed 02-Dec-15 22:40:17

Reverse cycling is common. Where a baby feeds more at night than in the day, often because the daytime is just too exciting. My 6 month old still feeds at least twice a night and those are big, efficient feeds compared to daytime snacking.

weeblueberry Thu 03-Dec-15 10:53:49

On average my 8 month old still feeds at least twice in her 12 hour 'sleep' period. Once at half ten (which I think is purely because she's disturbed by us going to bed) and then once again between 3 and 4. I'm just assuming she'll grow out of it at some point...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now