Talk

Advanced search

Travel Cot

(2 Posts)
Chugpower89 Wed 02-Dec-15 00:15:46

Hello! Looking for some advice. It's not so much about actual sleep but seemed the most relevant place to put it.

Over the last month or so me and my 15mo have had to move back in with my parents. We are back in my old bedroom which is essentially the box room. My mum kept a travel cot here for sleepovers so we have been using that. Thing is, I can't see a proper sized cot fitting. I can't imagine a Travel cot isn't the best as a permanent bed, otherwise they wouldn't call them travel cots? Anyone know of any other options? She is probably at an age now where she would be OK with a toddler bed but I don't know what size they are or whether one would fit. Is there anything I can do to make the travel cot like a normal cot until we can get sorted? We bought a separate travel cot mattress and a nice sheet, I have also got her a duvet and pillow. Or is there anything I can buy that would have the comfort of a cot but doesn't take up a huge amount of room? Something like those cosleeper cribs they make for newborns would be ideal but they are all for tiny babies haha! I've no idea what to do!

Touchacat Wed 02-Dec-15 19:19:44

I'm sure I've seen some fairly small cots around (larger than a crib of course). Some cots are about the size of a family car but some are also more basic. Is it worth spending the money on one though if your girl is ready for a toddler bed? You might need to get a measuring tape out. Most websites show dimensions of furniture so just browse around until you find something that works.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now