Talk

Advanced search

day nap help

(5 Posts)
SouthYarraYobbo Tue 01-Dec-15 13:35:53

Dd2 (10 weeks ) is a brilliant night sleeper but her day naps have gone to pot in the last two weeks. She's literally doing 45 mins 3 or 4 times a day but does sleep 12 hours at night.

It seems the room not in almost darkness is the problem. With dd1 out of sheer desperation I put black bin bags on our bedroom window as it's very big and none of the blackout blinds would fit.

Am l going to have to do the same again (what will the neighbours think!)

FATEdestiny Tue 01-Dec-15 19:12:01

Is your question about blackout blind recommendations or daytime nap advise?

My bedroom window is over 3m wide so cannot have blackout roller blinds. We bought black out vertical blinds but they are neither use nor ornament.

Wide blackout curtains are rarely off the peg, which makes them expensive. Brilliant answer we found were door curtains. Sold individually as single, heavy curtains. We bought two and use as normal curtains over the vertical blinds and its now pitch black even in daytime.

Regarding daytime naps, at 10 weeks your LO is just coming out of the newborn phase and sleep does get harder at this age. Have you tried a dummy?

SouthYarraYobbo Wed 02-Dec-15 11:05:15

Both really! Thanks for the tip on door curtains I'll look in to them.

Dd2 was doing a few 2-3 hour naps until very recently and I'm just concerned as they have changed dramatically. I can see she is more aware of her surroundings but wondered how l could help her.

Gillian1980 Thu 03-Dec-15 11:54:09

Re the curtains, I got some ready made black out curtains from Dunelm that come with rings and hooks and just hang behind the normal curtains. Have worked wonders in our nursery.

Is the problem with naps that you think it's not enough? Is she overtired? My little one never managed to have proper long naps during the day and just has short cat naps, usually while having a cuddle. But she doesn't seem overtired and sleeps very well at night so I'm just keeping things as they are.

SouthYarraYobbo Thu 03-Dec-15 13:26:17

I just thought she should sleep a bit more during the day. By tea time she looks so tired and can get grumpy that l feel bad for not helping her to get more sleep.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now