Talk

Advanced search

17 month old driving me mad

(1 Post)
Kittiewhite89 Mon 30-Nov-15 08:18:57

Hi all
I have a 17 month old who to be fair has always been a decent sleeper, but last week she has been screaming none stop for up to 3 hours after I put her in bed. Her routine hasn't changed at all.
I've been sitting outside her room and going in every few minutes to calm her down and she stops as soon as I go in, but the first night i went for a wee and came back to a cot and baby completely covered in vomit so just leaving her to scream isn't feasible.
The the other nights I've had to bring her into bed with me because I just don't have the patience to sit there going back and fourth for hours on end its just so mentally draining sad
I've tried her with a nightlight which worked for one night but now she's just back to the screaming.
I've given her medication in case it's her teeth too but no, she only stops if I bring her to bed. She's never slept in my bed really, maybe 5 times max in her life, so I know it's not because she's used to sleeping with me.

Nap wise she only has 1 a day from about 9:30 - 11:30 ish. She dropped her afternoon one herself but I've tried her with it again this week incase she's been overtired and she's even worse when she has it confused

Even though she does settle with me, it's late by the time I bring her to bed, and she does fuss and wake up every 2 hours to fidget and get comfy again so we're both absolutely shattered.

Sorry for the long post. I just don't have anytime to get anything done anymore. I have a small business making baby clothes but I can't even sew anything because of the baby, and the house is a bloody mess sad can't even wrap the Christmas presents!!

Has anyone been through this and fixed it?
Thanks in advance

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now