Talk

Advanced search

Thirteen week old late afternoon nap

(5 Posts)
annasmum15 Sun 29-Nov-15 18:52:48

We've got zero routine other than a rough series of bedtime cues (wash, change, nursery rhyme, feed, ewan the sheep, bed) and my thirteen week old has slept in our bed a fair bit. We're trying to get her into crib at base of our bed with carying levels of success. Put her down sleepy at 3 today with Ewan the sheep - slept immediately for 20 mins, woke crying - fed/fussed and went back down at 4ish and is still asleep now (nearly 7) - do I wake her???

Gracey79 Sun 29-Nov-15 19:08:59

I don't think I would, I bet she will be up at the crack of dawn whether u do or don't (sorry!) on the other hand my ds was so unpredictable at this age sometimes he fell asleep at 5/6 and slept til 7 or would go to sleep at 8/9 and be up at 5/6 confused

annasmum15 Sun 29-Nov-15 19:30:22

Thanks Gracey79 - that was my first post so nice not to feel alone! She roused and seemed hungry about 7.10 so got her up before she cried and fed her. Might try for a bath and bed by 8.30/9!

Gracey79 Sun 29-Nov-15 19:41:09

Sounds like a plan, I just used to go to bed about 9pm too lol. Could you maybe put the crib at the side of the bed so she can see you/smell you?

annasmum15 Sun 29-Nov-15 22:23:26

She went to bed at 9, slept half an hour then woke/fed/kept dropping dummy and now I'll keep having to popping it back in til she properly goes off - arghh sleep associations!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now