Talk

Advanced search

How much sleep does a 22 month old need?

(3 Posts)
BettyBi0 Tue 24-Nov-15 20:28:20

Since starting nursery my DD has only had max 1hr20mins for her daytime nap in the early afternoon. She wakes up at 7:15 am without fail (long may it continue touch wood!) but bedtimes are just getting later and later.

She used to go down to sleep at 7/7:30 really sweetly. We still do the same tea, bath, milk, brush teeth, stories, lights out and I stay for a few mins before saying goodbye. She sometimes protests a little bit when I leave but settled within a minute or 2..... But then she starts singing... And singing... And sometimes this can go on for over an hour. The record so far is nearly 2 hours of singing her favourite nursery rhymes. But she still wakes up at the same time in the morning.

Is this normal? Should I be trying to get her down earlier?

Changedup Tue 24-Nov-15 20:56:52

Hi op, I was wondering the same thing. Dd is 22 months old. She sleeps about 6.45pm-6.15am and naps for 2ish hrs approx 12-2. She used to sleep til about 7.15 which obviously I prefer but I guess this is still fairly good. My older dd went through a phase about this age of taking ages to settle at night. I battled with thus fir a good few months until I decided to cut her nap at about 2. She then slept 7-7. Hope that helps.

Believeitornot Tue 24-Nov-15 20:59:03

From memory mine had this phase and cutting naps was a disaster as they got massively overtired.

In the end they just needed a bit more physical exercise and a bit more help to get to sleep. Then they settled back to decent bedtimes.

Mine both needed naps until 3/4 though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now