Talk

Advanced search

Pantly pull off from no cry sleep solution -did it work for you?

(7 Posts)
Youcantscaremeihavechildren Sat 21-Nov-15 20:02:23

DS is 7 months and loves the boob....I can't currently get him to sleep without it and he has been known to have to have boob in mouth for a full 30 min nap...I can't carry on like this though as I need to be able to get him to sleep in other ways, so we are trying no cry sleep solution to get him out of our bed and eventually into a room with his sister. I am doino what she suggests and removing him from the nipple but tonight it took over 15 tries, by then he was fast asleep, last night the same...he woke hourly last night then finally dropped off at 2am until 5, fed in his sleep multiple times. Has this worked for anyone and how long did it take? I'd love to be able to go out for an evening without worrying about poor DH trying to get him off to sleep multiple times with his lack of boobs!

SouthYarraYobbo Sat 21-Nov-15 20:18:37

It sounds like you need a dummy? Dd1 used to bf to sleep until l encouraged her to suck her thumb. Worked a treat. Until now at 5 she still sucks it!

let him fall asleep on the boob then whip it out and stick in the dummy?

Dd2 has a dummy smile

Youcantscaremeihavechildren Sat 21-Nov-15 20:28:20

I wish!! I broke down at 4 weeks old, put him in the sling and walked to the shop one night to buy dummies....he won't have it! Chews them, will occasionally such but they're out more than in. DD sucks her thumb, I wish he would!

TwoTwoOneBravo Sat 21-Nov-15 20:29:27

Eventually yes but it took a while. About a fortnight I think.

Youcantscaremeihavechildren Sat 21-Nov-15 20:45:32

A fortnight..aargh...but actually that wouldn't be so bad, at least there would be an end in sight!

fluffikins Sun 22-Nov-15 07:08:00

I've tried it with immediate effect, well after the 3rd go on one feed (so do the technique, she pulls off, looks for nipple, goes back on, does the technique etc twice more and she was off fine without the nipple). BUT I have a fast letdown so feeds have never been longer than 20 mins and most are 10 mins, so it's only been the odd time when she's actually wanted to sleep with the nipple in her mouth (like after immunisations) because most of the time she's getting uncontrollably flooded with milk she doesn't want!

Youcantscaremeihavechildren Sun 22-Nov-15 11:19:58

Well, we sort of have some success in that perseverance has meant he did the very, very last bit of falling asleep off the boob, and once or twice let me pat him on the back to sleep...I'll keep going!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now