Talk

Advanced search

Should I wake her?

(5 Posts)
MissTwister Fri 20-Nov-15 10:57:39

My 4.5 month old sleeps mostly through the night. During the day she loves to sleep too (although only in the house which is annoying but another story) and I am wondering if I should shorten her naps. She wakes up about 7 and by 9am wants a nap. If I leave her this can go on for hours - usually I wake her up after a couple of hours as we need to go out or something.

After this there is no routine but late afternoon she likes a long nap too! Is she sleeping too much, should I shorten her AM sleep so she does a longer lunchtime one?

Just a bit worried all this sleeping is odd. When she's awake she's perfectly fine, alert etc

icklekid Fri 20-Nov-15 11:00:30

My ds would sleep every 2h at that point but only really for an hour...if she's happy and sleeping well in the night then I wouldn't worry. Just shorten naps when it affects night time. If you need to do things and can't stay in I think that's fine to wake too...

FATEdestiny Fri 20-Nov-15 12:52:53

Young babies sleep a lot. It is what they are meant to do. Don't worry. A two (or more) hour morning nap is perfectly fine if it is what your DD wants.

The only time you need to worry about baby sleeping too much is if they are not putting weight on adequately. If she is, leave her be. Much will change in her first 12 months anyway.

TheOriginalWinkly Fri 20-Nov-15 12:54:54

Bloody Hell NO don't mess with it. Some babies just like and need a lot of sleep, my friends' DS still sleeps like your DD at 18 months my DD hates sleeping

fuzzywuzzy Fri 20-Nov-15 12:55:37

Rule of thumb, if everything is fine and you have no worries, let sleeping babies sleep. You can relax with a cuppa/have a shower/wash your hair/eat anything you want.

Mine wouldn't sleep for more than five minutes, remember running out of the shower to baby screaming the house down... those were the days!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now