Talk

Advanced search

Help! Think I need a new plan

(4 Posts)
Ickythumpsmum Tue 17-Nov-15 21:07:04

So we are moving house tomorrow. I have 2 DSs 7 and 2 and I wanted them to share a room. This is not necessary but I thought it would be nice for them and help them bond.

We packed up the beds ready for the removal van in the morning so they are sharing a room tonight. It was the worst bedtime I have ever experienced. DS1 was adorable. Patience of a saint, which I do not have.

DS2 was wild, he was so excited he couldn't control himself. He laughed, he cried, he screamed, he jumped on the bed, he barricaded himself in the bathroom, he bit his brother, he pulled my hair, he poked his own eye, he played imaginary games in a big loud voice while DS1 was genuinely trying to sleep, and then he eventually fell asleep.

Essentially I'm asking - is he too young? How long can I expect this to go on? Lastly, Any ideas to help the situation?

Thanks in advance

laurajaneP Fri 20-Nov-15 08:03:06

Hiya after reading your post I think that my first thought was that it was probably an awful lot of change for him to have in one day what with moving into a new home and then being in with his brother maybe it was all just too much excitement? I guess you have two options stick with it and see if he settles or maybe put him in his own room again until he's settled in the new house then try again?

Queendedede Fri 20-Nov-15 10:38:27

Put the younger one to bed first, once he is asleep the older one can go to bed?

Ickythumpsmum Fri 20-Nov-15 13:41:18

Hi. Thanks for the replies. The last two nights I did put the little one to bed first, and let the older one doze on my bed till Ds2 was asleep and it was safe to go in. Its taking him till about 9 o'clock though to doze off so I'm hoping he'll start to go go sleep quicker. Its a less stressful situation for me now, but still not ideal. I do really want this to work so will keep going.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now