Talk

Advanced search

What did your newborn sleep in?

(16 Posts)
Ellie1986 Mon 16-Nov-15 19:59:18

Hi ladies, I'm new to Mumsnet and pregnant with 1st baby - excited! Would appreciate any advice regarding what to put baby to sleep in...Moses basket, cradle, cot or co sleeper like a snuzpod? We are planning on baby sleeping in same room for first 6 months- so what's best to get in your experience? Also what did you get for downstairs? Thank you in advance, very confused as to what's best!

PennyHasNoSurname Mon 16-Nov-15 20:03:28

Dc1 - moses basket which we brought through to the Lounge in thwle daytime and took it to the bedroom at night. (We live in a flat though so easy to.move around). Dd outgrew the moses basket at 5mo so went in her buggy for daytime sleeps and travel cot in our room for night time til it was time to go into her own room

Dc2 - we got a crib for the bedroom which he lasted in til at least 10mo, was a cheapy mothercare one (I loved it!!), and we had a Tiny Love 3-in-1 Napper for the living room which, if im honest, is the best item we had with either baby. Amazing!!

PositivePete Mon 16-Nov-15 20:14:18

My bed!

Not through choice but it just happened that way.

Go with the flow smile

Only1scoop Mon 16-Nov-15 20:15:47

Moses basket.

Would bring it down during the day and pop it back upstairs at night.

ArcheryAnnie Mon 16-Nov-15 20:18:25

Moses basket here, too. Bedroom at night and moved it to the living-room floor during the day.

Raxacoricofallapatorius Mon 16-Nov-15 20:20:55

Mine slept in fits and starts mostly.

We co-slept.

Joopy Mon 16-Nov-15 20:24:22

Mine slept in the pram when he was tiny, then a Moses basket.

LillyBugg Mon 16-Nov-15 20:27:04

NCT bednest for night time (drop side crib) but ultimately in my bed. Read up on co sleeping before you have to do it in a sleep deprived state.

Day time, I used the carry cot from then pram, then the bouncy chair, and then ultimately the baby slept on me and me only during the day.

Eyre89 Mon 16-Nov-15 20:27:22

Moses basket to start with but he was so long it didn't last long at all. I felt like it was a waste of money. We had a fabric crib from mothercare and we used that and co slept when needed.

EnglishRose1320 Mon 16-Nov-15 20:28:39

Ds1 had a moses basket and hardly ever stayed in it, our bed at nighttime and pram in the day.

Ds2 had an amby hammock- best baby item I have ever bought, slept really well and seemed so snug and content, lasted longer than a moses basket as well.

WheresMyBurrito Mon 16-Nov-15 20:33:30

Sleepyhead in Babybay sidecar crib. Sleepyhead taken downstairs during the day for naps when she'd consent to be put down smile

Diddlydokey Mon 16-Nov-15 20:38:37

www.kiddicare.com/p/Kiddicare_Dream_Crib_Natural.htm

We had this in our room and a hand me down moses basket, pram and bouncy chair downstairs. I read a lot that they outgrow moses baskets quickly plus they're noisy and the babies wake themselves up banging their arms on the side.

weeblueberry Mon 16-Nov-15 20:57:41

Crib by my bed for both of them. DD1 slept in the living room in the bassinet part of our Vista and DD2 in the Mamaroo (swaying bouncy chair thing).

Ellie1986 Tue 17-Nov-15 08:01:29

Thank you all this is really helpful! I am worried about Moses basket being outgrown quickly so crib seems like good investment, and maybe will try to get second hand Moses basket for downstairs.

HelenF35 Wed 18-Nov-15 22:54:36

We bought a crib but the wee man hated it. Ended up getting a Moses which he loved but outgrew at 3 months (he's very long). Tried the crib again but it was a disaster. We then borrowed a sleepyhead and put him in the cotbed which was partially successful. Had to hand the sleepyhead back a few days ago and it's been hell since! New one on order coming tomorrow, thank god!

Ellie1986 Thu 19-Nov-15 15:42:45

It seems like you just can't tell until baby arrives what they'll like! We got a very beautiful crib second hand (just needs a new mattress) so will try that and see how we go. I've heard those sleepy heads are amazing, will definitely purchase one if baby won't sleep otherwise!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now