Talk

Advanced search

What did your newborn sleep in?

(9 Posts)
Ellie1986 Mon 16-Nov-15 19:57:59

Hi ladies, I'm new to Mumsnet and pregnant with 1st baby - excited! Would appreciate any advice regarding what to put baby to sleep in...Moses basket, cradle, cot or co sleeper like a snuzpod? We are planning on baby sleeping in same room for first 6 months- so what's best to get in your experience? Al

Roobix04 Mon 16-Nov-15 20:00:48

We used a crib beside the bed. Lasts longer than a moses basket. I might have considered one of those cribs that has an open side that attaches to the bed but we had the wrong sort of bed. In the end the crib proved good.

RoobyTuesday Mon 16-Nov-15 20:00:51

We had a 'next to me' crib which was really good - did only last 5 months though as is quite a chunk but I thought it was great, he was right there next to me and it made it very easy for night feeding and settling him again without have to get out of bed.
With my first two babies I had Moses baskets in the beginning - they were fine though they ended up co sleeping after the first couple of months.

RoobyTuesday Mon 16-Nov-15 20:01:28

Ds is quite a chunk!

dementedpixie Mon 16-Nov-15 20:04:56

Crib then cot in the room until around 8 months

westcountrywoman Mon 16-Nov-15 20:06:30

We had a BedNest (co-sleeper crib) which I LOVED - although DS slept in bed with me most of the time as he'd wake if I tried to roll him back into the BedNest confused

PennyHasNoSurname Mon 16-Nov-15 20:07:59

Have you started two threads? grin

winchester1 Mon 16-Nov-15 20:13:41

We had a rocking crib but neither child liked it and both were in a normal cot after a couple of weeks.

lilac3033 Mon 16-Nov-15 20:15:33

We had a crib next to the bed at first which DD refused to sleep in. For 4 weeks she would only sleep on DP or me, until we got a Sleepyhead. If you get a baby like that I cannot recommend the Sleepyhead enough. Eventually we got the Sleepyhead in the crib. Around 5 months we moved her into her cot by the bed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now