Talk

Advanced search

Travel Cot Bassinet - Where on earth can I get one??

(3 Posts)
LowlLowl Sun 15-Nov-15 21:39:08

Hi all. Not sure if this is the right place to put this, but here goes.

When DS1 outgrew his Moses basket at the age of 2 months (a long thin child!) we switched to a travel cot because his proper cot wouldn't fit in our room. This killed my back for a while because it was so far down to put him in (and I'd had a c-section so my abs weren't up to much either). A friend lent me a bassinet insert for the travel cot which was just amazing, and we used that until 6 months when he moved into his own room.

DC2 is on the way, and I suspect I'll need to do the same again. In the meantime, my friend has lent the bassinet insert to someone else who has broken it, so I won't be able to borrow it. I am thereofore trying to find one to buy. This is ridiculously difficult! The closest I can find is one from a shop in Malta (?!) link here which is for a cot of slightly different dimensions to ours. The alternative is to buy a whole new expensive travel cot which comes with an insert - but this seems a bit of a waste of money since we've already got a perfectly serviceable travel cot.

Does anyone have any idea where I could look? My only other option is to buy the Maltese one and hope I can adjust it to fit our cot.

Thanks in advance!

Kaz4755 Mon 16-Nov-15 08:31:44

Hi, the nuna travel cot has a bassinet, perhaps google that and see if it is what you want!

LIZS Mon 16-Nov-15 08:36:31

Toysrus used to do one which was universal fit . Our Graco had one but we never used it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now