Talk

Advanced search

Early morning wake up 7 month

(5 Posts)
Lacey2015 Wed 11-Nov-15 16:10:20

Help!!! 7 month keeps waking at 5.30am. Used to sleep 630/7-630. However for the passed month or two has been waking early. Sleeps about 3-3.5 hours a day in 3 naps. Has first nap at 830am (which is a push). Can only seem to stay awake 2-2.5 hours max so don't think afternoon cat nap can be cut out yet. Is weaning now and has 3 meals a day including right amount of carbs etc and still has 4 milk feeds. I have no clue what to try next, any useful tips to try?

FATEdestiny Fri 13-Nov-15 13:49:50

I'd do a dreamfeed when you go to bed. Try for a few weeks and see what effect it has.

The dreamfeed will ensure he doesn't wake for hunger and also acts to 'reset' his body clock so that hopefully he sleeps longer in the morning.

Then the change may be self-perpetuating. Later waking will mean later naps, which will mean his early morning nap can move later, and so his whole routine may well shift.

It may be that you just need the dreamfeed temporarily to establish this change in routine and structure to the day, then you'll be able to stop it again.

Lacey2015 Fri 13-Nov-15 15:32:30

Hi there

Even if she has taken well to weaning? 3 meals a day? And is on 20oz milk? How much milk should I give at a df!?

FATEdestiny Fri 13-Nov-15 18:15:00

Hunger is the easiest of things to address. I would eliminate the easier to solve and least stressful issues before trying anything else, if it was me.

Not at all uncommon for there to be a reintroduction of night feeds in early weaning.

Not sure why you view it as a problem, I didn't mean my advise to be controversial.

Lacey2015 Fri 13-Nov-15 19:56:36

Ok. No I don't see it as a problem. I just tried a df when she was smaller and it didn't seem to make a difference. But may try it again! I just get worried interrupting her sleep to feed. Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now