Talk

Advanced search

Sleep training dc2/3/4 etc

(4 Posts)
trilbydoll Tue 03-Nov-15 19:46:03

DD2 (5mo) feeds to sleep, refuses all bottles and dummies. I always thought this was the dream, but have a definite case of "be careful what you wish for"!

I'm the only one who can settle her, she's only interested in boob. And once asleep she seems to need constantly topping up!

But - any form of sleep training is going to involve screaming. Which will keep dd1 awake. And based on previous bad evenings, she'll start crying as well, they'll both be screaming for me and keep each other awake! So what do people do? Send dd1 to Grandma? Put ear defenders on her?!

mintbiscuit Tue 03-Nov-15 20:44:50

Not sure what sleep training method you are planning to use? At 5 months I would try for gradual withdrawal method which will involve some crying but shouldn't be a lot. So hopefully not too much noise.

Where does dc1 sleep? Could you use white noise in her room to tune out noise?

trilbydoll Tue 03-Nov-15 21:49:04

I hadn't really got as far as a method but she screams for boob pretty much immediately, she has no interest in rocking etc, so she's going to be very unimpressed whatever we do!

Dc1 is right next door - maybe white noise will work. It should at least distract her if nothing else smile

museumum Tue 03-Nov-15 21:50:39

The no cry sleep solution by Elizabeth pantley is very very slow but it worked for us, without much crying at all really.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now