Talk

Advanced search

14 month old now waking twice for milk

(4 Posts)
Orlamaryp Tue 03-Nov-15 05:01:29

Really need help. At the giving up point. Baby eats well enough during the day, we are at the throwing the food about the floor stage though. He usually has a 1.5hr nap and a full approx 200ml cows milk bottle going to bed. He's never loved dairy and I've only just managed to get him off formula. He was waking once for milk but now it's twice. I have a 3 yo too so the constant screaming is getting us all down.
I know I should not give in but my husband and I are so worn out that it's a vicious circle. I think the cows milk causes him pain too as his tummy is like a rock but we've tried massage, gripe water, water but ultimately he wants milk. He is waking now about 12 and 4.30, like a newborn. h e has no comforter unfortunately, tho I have tried. He doesn't even want us. He pushes us away. He wants a bottle.

I've tried leaving him scream, it does not stop, water, pushes it away after a sip, he seems starving.

I've had lower back pain since I had him which gets worse with no rest, we are worn out by this. I feel like packing a bag and walking out. Sorry, sounds oh so dramatic and my first baby was no walk in the park, but I would love to get your advice , thanks x

zombieme8 Tue 03-Nov-15 05:13:56

Sorry, no advice other than to say you're not alone. My 1yo wakes at 12, 2.30 and up for the day at 4.30.

Have you tried Hipp Organic nightime milk? It's supposed to fill them up for longer. It worked for my DD, she had it from age 1 to about 2. Unfortunately my ds is cmpi so it's back to the drawing board!

VocationalGoat Tue 03-Nov-15 06:01:26

No advice. Just hugs and empathy. My 17 month old wakes (on a good night) 3 times a night and is up for the day at 5:30am.
It's been worse. It's a strain on all of us. My other kids are knackered and if it weren't for my vague pulse, I'd be a corpse by now.

I agree, the milk feeds make things trickier. I am sure milk in the night interfered with my LO's digestion. I don't give milk in the night anymore. He now takes water but that took a while to accept but I kept at it with the water, first by adding a bit of apple juice to it (I know, not great for teeth, but I was desperate. I was up no less than 8 times in the night).
I tried Hipp Organic Night Time milk but sadly, my LO didn't like it at all. DD did and a feed of this before bed really helped (and I complained because she didn't sleep through until she was 8 months old! I had NO idea what was coming! 17 months of sleeplessness and counting!).
It's so hard. Whether you're up once, twice, or 5 times a night, it's soul destroying.
Could teeth be the culprit?
flowerscake

Orlamaryp Tue 03-Nov-15 16:59:18

Thanks both, I'll try and cold turkey with water/juice but might try the Hipp if it is hunger. Both good ideas. Nice to know others are in the same boat xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now