Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Getting up onto knees / sitting through the night

(6 Posts)
PennyHasNoSurname Fri 30-Oct-15 08:39:10

Tell me it is a phase!

Ds (just turned one) has now decided that his cot is the place to practice his crawling and sitting. He fails to realise he is already capable of both of these things.

Last night I went in over 30 times between 6.30 and 9 to lay him down and remind him it was bedtime. He then woke and got into sitting / hands and knees every thirty mins or so til about 3am when he eventually slept til 7.

He is exhausted and not cheery when he does this, half asleep most of the time, but just sits / kneels and cries. It wakes the house and leaving him just isnt working.

Any tips/advice (besides coffee!)

Penguin13 Fri 30-Oct-15 08:51:05

My DD is younger (10.5 mo) so this may not work in the same way or you may already do this but when she started going though this phase the one thing that helped a lot was to start putting her in her cot sitting up for naps and bedtime and letting her find her own way to a lying position. It has taken some time and a LOT of patience and she still sometimes pops up to standing a couple of times before going to sleep but there is something about having found her own way to lying down that makes her SO much more settled at night. Could be worth a try? Good luck!

poocatcherchampion Fri 30-Oct-15 08:52:47

Why are yoy going in? Is he also crying?
If so perhaps teeth or something?

If not I'd just leave him to it.

poocatcherchampion Fri 30-Oct-15 08:53:24

Sorry - I've read it properly now.

PennyHasNoSurname Fri 30-Oct-15 09:58:55

Good idea re putted them to bed sitting up.

He naps in his stroller so I cant do it for naps but will try it this evening for bedtime and give it a few days whirl

SleepForTheWeak Mon 02-Nov-15 06:16:02

I would just like to echo what penguin said - we worked with a sleep consultant and she got us to put DD (1) into the cot sitting. When early mornings became a problem and she started rattling the bars etc she told us to put her in standing. Took a while but she got it and is now much better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now